TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

2 minutes ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

i thought there is a order for hybrids and electric buses for 2021- 2024 then 2025 is only electric buses for the future purchases. 

Yes originally they were planning to order 68 articulated buses and 92 40ft buses in 2021 however if they don't have funding put aside to procure the buses or any funding at all, it's not going to make sense to get them. Which means that the 79xx and 80xx will start retiring in 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

i thought there is a order for hybrids and electric buses for 2021- 2024 then 2025 is only electric buses for the future purchases. 

When TTC allocated their new funding for new buses, there's nothing for 2021:

20202029_cbf_capitalallocations.jpg (From Steve Munro's blog)

You can see that there is no money allocated (listed as unfunded) on the budget from December on item 4.11. The funded small amounts for 2020/21 are for the current ebus.

http://ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2019/December_16/Reports/2_TTC_2020_2029_Capital_Budget_and_Plan_blue_pages_updated.pdf

As things are budgeted right now, there won't be anything arriving for 2021. They also budged to buy 180-200 hybrids and ~50 ebus for 2022 based on those amounts.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...

Has anyone heard about #8789? According to its old VIN 4RKYL82J6H9776065, it was quickly rejected and sold to Autobus Brunet as #7004 and currently is owned by Autobus Galland as #7176 which still has the TTC specs and a Ontario Yield sticker. The new #8789 had to be produced with its VIN number 4RKYL82J3H9776248. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Eren Jaeger said:

Has anyone heard about #8789? According to its old VIN 4RKYL82J6H9776065, it was quickly rejected and sold to Autobus Brunet as #7004 and currently is owned by Autobus Galland as #7176 which still has the TTC specs and a Ontario Yield sticker. The new #8789 had to be produced with its VIN number 4RKYL82J3H9776248. 

Sounds like you answered your own question in your post.

• Haha 8

32 minutes ago, Articulated said:

Sounds like you answered your own question in your post.

Errr... I need to elaborate it what happened to that original bus. According to the wiki, it got rejected for some reason. The same way Brampton rejected the original #0609 due to minor damage and Woodstock acquired it. A new bus of the same number had to be built.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/16/2023 at 4:24 PM, Novabus photographer said:

The new novas will be numbered 7000-7133 confirmed. Credit to @2044 and some other people for telling me

Looks like they will be similar to the #3570-#3654 batch but with some possible minor changes: The red back. 

Has anyone know where will these be going? I believe they will also kill off the Orion VIIs as well at Queensway, Malvern, Mt Dennis, Arrow and Wilson. I wonder there could be possible movements and shuffles.

1 hour ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

Looks like they will be similar to the #3570-#3654 batch but with some possible minor changes: The red back. 

Has anyone know where will these be going? I believe they will also kill off the Orion VIIs as well at Queensway, Malvern, Mt Dennis, Arrow and Wilson. I wonder there could be possible movements and shuffles.

How do you know they will have a red back?