TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

1 hour ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Foamers don't hibernate, do they... ?

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

This guy does... ? 

Theres dedication. Then theres freeze my ass off. I appreciate the enthusiasts on going out of their way so we know what buses are there so I know what to look for when I go to Toronto next. At least it isn't misleading info and no tresspassing has happened. It's a step up.

• Like 7

You guys just reminded me of something I didn't write about my first ride.

These buses seem to have some sort of stop start engine when idle. But as reported above, ONLY certain idling makes the engine turn off. I think when the door is opened.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Orion V said:

You guys just reminded me of something I didn't write about my first ride.

These buses seem to have some sort of stop start engine when idle. But as reported above, ONLY certain idling makes the engine turn off. I think when the door is opened.

And it isn't always when the door is opened. I observed the front door opening (and not rear), and the bus shut off. Another time the front door opened and the bus did not shut off, with two people getting on. But it always shut off when rear doors opened.

I don't know if its a setting the operator chooses, if he's just opening the front doors only without enabling the rear (no beep, no green light), maybe in this instance the bus does not turn off. But if he enables the rear doors (beep, green light on) the bus will shut off, even if nobody exists. I did not pay attention to that, I will next time.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MK78 said:

And it isn't always when the door is opened. I observed the front door opening (and not rear), and the bus shut off. Another time the front door opened and the bus did not shut off, with two people getting on. But it always shut off when rear doors opened.

I don't know if its a setting the operator chooses, if he's just opening the front doors only without enabling the rear (no beep, no green light), maybe in this instance the bus does not turn off. But if he enables the rear doors (beep, green light on) the bus will shut off, even if nobody exists. I did not pay attention to that, I will next time.

I believe the operator chooses it, after riding two today.

#3361 entered service on route 84 Sheppard West

#3406 entered service on route 21 Brimley

#3414 entered service on route 939 Finch Express

#3417 entered service on route 39 Finch East

#3433 entered service on route 95 York Mills

#3444 entered service on route 95 York Mills

• Like 2