TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

3 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Since I don’t carry a flashy business card or 100k staff salary, or fancy title, I don’t.

It’s an educated guess. (And I was in conversation with the garage manager about it prior to my re assignment....so.....yeah.)

But until someone who does carry that distinction comes along here, I’m the best you guys have got. I’m not perfect, but I try to keep my limited scope of information accurate, when and where I’m at liberty to share (all employees sign a confidentiality agreement in their contact)  and my speculation to a minimum- as much as you refuse to believe that.

what I CAN say with certainty is that queensway can’t accommodate them. The shop ceiling is too low. Technicians have noticed that they risk hitting their heads when they were on the roof servicing the HVAC units on the 8400s stationed there. (This is coming from a 20 year queensway tech who’s on the project with me)

Health and occupational hygiene has agreed....at least until some building mods can be carried out.

The mobile scaffolding for servicing hybrid batteries are identical. 

-another thing to ponder...If the commission is in such a great rush to send the 1000s out to pasture, why are they receiving vision installations en masse while malvern’s are being culled?

The new hybrids aren't going to Queensway wasn't that already obvious? They only get "hand me downs" from other divisions. 

19 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

what I CAN say with certainty is that queensway can’t accommodate them. The shop ceiling is too low. Technicians have noticed that they risk hitting their heads when they were on the roof servicing the HVAC units on the 8400s stationed there. (This is coming from a 20 year queensway tech who’s on the project with me)

So until building changes are done, Queensway can deal with 7900s, 8000s, and 8100-8219.

50 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

So until building changes are done, Queensway can deal with 7900s, 8000s, and 8100-8219.

Bingo.

Honesty haven’t the foggiest idea how big of a job a reno would be to the repair area, but it’ll have to be undertaken sooner or later. They may only have to do a couple of dedicated spots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Bingo.

Honesty haven’t the foggiest idea how big of a job a reno would be to the repair area, but it’ll have to be undertaken sooner or later. They may only have to do a couple of dedicated spots.

Slightly going off topic, but the storage bays were getting repainted before I left. The other projects underway are the replacement of the fuel tanks. 

Wilson is getting the air make up ducting redone, and led light fixtures installed. They shut down 1/3 of the storage tracks at a time during the day. 

Regarding queensway and the hectic amount of construction going on/crowded conditions, the idea of simply forwarding the selected units to mount Dennis for installation has come up. Might be a good idea.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andru said:

Why does the latest Service Summary list only 3100-3329 in the current order? Is it a mistake or has there been a change in plans?

https://www.ttc.ca/PDF/Transit_Planning/Service_Summary_2018-10-07.pdf

Most likely a mistake, however in the 2017 service summary arrow was said to get 230 buses in 2018, however bmount was supposed to get 95, but it got 40

2 minutes ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

Most likely a mistake, however in the 2017 service summary arrow was said to get 230 buses in 2018, however bmount was supposed to get 95, but it got 40

That's because we don't have the final say in where what goes where. That's the TTC's job and things can change in a snap.

On 10/6/2018 at 4:09 PM, anyfong said:

One of the first new LFS hybrids for TTC, recently completed 3411 is seen at the front of the Nova Bus factory at Saint-Eustache, QC.

TTC Nova Bus LFS HEV 3411

Is that a Pilot bus? How do we know we wont end up in the same situation as the Hybrids we have now. 

31 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Is that a Pilot bus? How do we know we wont end up in the same situation as the Hybrids we have now. 

Nope not a pilot, and they wont be in the same situation since Daimler (largely at fault for the hybrid fiasco) has nothing to do with the bus production this time around.

59 minutes ago, lip said:

Nope not a pilot, and they wont be in the same situation since Daimler (largely at fault for the hybrid fiasco) has nothing to do with the bus production this time around.

3400 would have been the pilot bus in this series. Someone on Facebook said that he saw a TTC LFS hybrid just outside Kingston on delivery while driving on the highway back in late August, so that's probably the pilot bus. And largely thanks to the complete redesign of the BAE powertrain, it has been proven to be far more reliable and uses less fuel than previous generation of hybrids, according to a few of Quebec's transit agencies that received this same type of bus in a large order placed by ATUQ.