TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

Hence why vision installs are on hold, and why I said earlier that the. ‘31s aren’t in “service” yet.

if everything were green lit right now, i’d Be busy working, instead of hanging out here, babysitting (my daughter).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, smallspy said:

Did you actually witness it in service?

Dan

Yes I did. I happened to be in the area of Jane and Sheppard today and saw the unit driving south on Jane and then went westbound on Sheppard. I didn't take the bus I only saw it. 

25 minutes ago, Shemar said:

Yes I did. I happened to be in the area of Jane and Sheppard today and saw the unit driving south on Jane and then went westbound on Sheppard. I didn't take the bus I only saw it. 

Doesn’t mean it wasn’t on a testing run. That’s the thing. Only the guys doing the testing, (they may not even be onboard) watching from a remote location, And possibly the operator themselves will really know.

2 hours ago, Shemar said:

As long as the bus was picking up passengers, the passengers paid bus fare, and they were taken from point A to point B on the route, which is what the driver of #3104 was doing. Then, the bus technically is in revenue service.

K dude, whatever you say.

What I’m thinking now is, the 3100-3369 will replace all 8400-8617, and send 8400-8617 to Malvern to replace the 15, 16, 17, 1800 batches of ng hev.

8 hours ago, Shemar said:

Did you snap a picture?

5 hours ago, TTCBusfan21 said:

What I’m thinking now is, the 3100-3369 will replace all 8400-8617, and send 8400-8617 to Malvern to replace the 15, 16, 17, 1800 batches of ng hev.

Did you snap a picture?

The 3100s are probably moving the Hybrids to Wilson

hey guys I rode on 3104 yesterday for three trips and spoke to my friend I know who works with the vision and I was told Birchmount is supposed to get the novas from arrow road? apparently the hybrid novas are supposed to go to mt dennis to replace the first generation hybrids and the hybrid novas are supposed to be delivered with the vision system too.

22 minutes ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

hey guys I rode on 3104 yesterday for three trips and spoke to my friend I know who works with the vision and I was told Birchmount is supposed to get the novas from arrow road? apparently the hybrid novas are supposed to go to mt dennis to replace the first generation hybrids and the hybrid novas are supposed to be delivered with the vision system too.

All of them?

5 minutes ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

well he told me that the first batch of hybrid nova hybrids expected to go to mt dennis not sure about the rest of the batch coming in 2019 though ill try and find out.

Thanks because I heard before the batch was extended from 3454 To 3569 that they were going to Queensway to replace the 79xx and 80xx’s

19 hours ago, Ontario_Transit said:

Just 3 minutes ago

Screenshot_2018-07-12-12-19-41.png

Screenshot_2018-07-12-12-19-21.png

Screenshot_2018-07-12-12-18-40.png

The trackers are still crazy.

Is there any possibility that it could be related to the launch of the beta TTC website?

• Like 1

There is some bizarre stuff going on. I saw two "ghost" 3xxx buses today on nextbus, one was a 86E which was not there when the arrow went by my bus stop, also on 31 Greenwood there's a ghost bus which doesn't exist, as there are only two buses on this route during this time.

ghostbus.JPG

I got ghosted by a 200s bus and a 3000s bus on the 7 yesterday. Transit app said they were coming but no bus of any kind showed up. I can understand the tracker scrambling the fleet numbers... but realistically inventing coordinates and realistic travel speeds was very strange.

1 hour ago, jmward said:

I can understand the tracker scrambling the fleet numbers... but realistically inventing coordinates and realistic travel speeds was very strange.

Yes that's the most bizarre thing. Unless they're simulating buses to see how vision is tracking them? But this shouldn't be showing live on the system that the public sees.

I also see another bus on 31 Greenwood with fleet number supposed 345457, but that one was an actual Nova bus. I'll see if I can find out later which actual number.

4 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

Thanks because I heard before the batch was extended from 3454 To 3569 that they were going to Queensway to replace the 79xx and 80xx’s

The 79xx and 80xx’s aren’t being replaced anytime soon. There still running fine, and there only 11-12 years old. Won’t retire until atleast 2021.