TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

6 minutes ago, Transit_Hub said:

Around what side of arrow?

In front of the garage. There's the parking lot and behind it is a set of concrete blocks. And behind those blocks were the two units parked beside some other novas and hybrids. The protector shields were still on the vehicles and the way the units were parked, the front of the buses were facing the street. What I could see on the buses was that there are two external cameras on both sides of the bus. One at the front sides and the other on the back sides. The last order had one external camera on each side of those buses at the front sides.

Why start at 3100? Why not logically start at 9240? There's plenty of space between 9240 and 9999, and furthermore, by starting at 3100 there's not much space as above 4000 is for streetcars, which leaves only 900 spaces for buses.

Just now, Transit_Hub said:

Agreed... much smarter to do the 9200-9999 series.

Furthermore, there isn't enough of a difference between 92xx and 31xx to justify a new numbering series. Being 31xx makes them sound like they're part of the RT (since the RT cars are 3000-3027).

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, anyfong said:

Why start at 3100? Why not logically start at 9240? There's plenty of space between 9240 and 9999, and furthermore, by starting at 3100 there's not much space as above 4000 is for streetcars, which leaves only 900 spaces for buses.

hmmmmm.....

9240-9999 = 760.... Plenty of space

3100-3999 = 900....  Not much space

2 + 2 = 4 - 1 = 3 Quick Maths.....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Best if the TTC simply reserves the remainder of the 9000-series for clean diesels and put the alternative fuel buses (which will at some point be the only new buses in the fleet) into the unused ranges. Ideally, I would prefer the 2000-series for the hybrids (as there could be a lot, and all of them have been unused since the last Fishbowls left) and the 3100-series for the battery-electrics - at least until the RT cars are gone and scrapped, which will probably not happen before the rest of the 6000-series (and maybe even the 7000-series used by the Orion Vs) gets taken by the T1 replacement trains, just as happened to the D40s.

2 minutes ago, * Mr. Black * said:

hmmmmm.....

9240-9999 = 760.... Plenty of space

3100-3999 = 900....  Not much space

2 + 2 = 4 - 1 = 3 Quick Maths.....

This is true, but by starting at 3100 they're ignoring the available space between 9240 and 9999. By including that and 3100-3999 there's 1660 spaces in total, rather than only 900.

They're just numbers, guys. No one is going to get the new order of Novas confused with the SRT just because they're both in the 3000s.

The fact that the new Novas are going into the 3000s doesn't disqualify 9240-9999 or whatever from existing later on. Just chill and enjoy the buses for what they are, rather than for an arbitrary number.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, anyfong said:

Long before they reach 3999, the 7xxx series will be empty and available for reuse.

Back to bus number speculations and theories I guess... although they might have done it if to differentiate these buses from the other ones, as these ones might have already have VISION or CAD/ADL factory installed.

I guess if anyone could ask the management people if they're around the doors open house tomorrow to know why. 

6 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Back to bus number speculations and theories I guess... although they might have done it if to differentiate these buses from the other ones, as these ones might have already have VISION or CAD/ADL factory installed.

I guess if anyone could ask the management people if they're around the doors open house tomorrow to know why. 

I can confirm that these units do have VISION installed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Transit_Hub said:

Here is a formal list of features:

Exterior:

- Rear Exterior camera like YRT.

- Exterior camera on left side at rear.

- Exterior camera on right side at rear.

(This makes a total of 4 side exterior cameras on the bus compared to 2 on the last order)

Interior: 

- Black bar on roof above the stairs. (If anyone finds out or knows it’s purpose please let me know)

- Rear fleet number

- 33 new 4ONE Gemini seats

- 2 USB Ports at the rear end of the bus, on the poles where the stop request buttons usually are.

- VISION system in the drivers cabin

——————————

Thats all for now.

The mirror on the right hand side is different.  I has a turning signal on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Transit_Hub said:

Here is a formal list of features:

Exterior:

- Rear Exterior camera like YRT.

- Exterior camera on left side at rear.

- Exterior camera on right side at rear.

(This makes a total of 4 side exterior cameras on the bus compared to 2 on the last order)

Interior: 

- Black bar on roof above the stairs. (If anyone finds out or knows it’s purpose please let me know)

- Rear fleet number

- 33 new 4ONE Gemini seats

- 2 USB Ports at the rear end of the bus, on the poles where the stop request buttons usually are.

- VISION system in the drivers cabin

——————————

Thats all for now.

It has USB ports under most of the seats as well

• Like 1