TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

5 hours ago, Seb_CITL said:

It's the last day of production of this bus batch, but it has another batch of 40 buses will start for June-July

I wonder how Nova will manage to deliver 342 buses by the end of the year. How many buses in the first batch?

40 minutes ago, Andru said:

I wonder how Nova will manage to deliver 342 buses by the end of the year. How many buses in the first batch?

Sorry, I post misinformation, this is real information about the TTC's orders

April: First batch is a 40ish buses delivery 

From mid-May until June another batch of 30ish buse delivery (first half of May is a STM batch + 2 minor order)

Then it has another batch 40ish busus for TTC for July-August

Starting in September, Nova Bus Saint Eustache Plant will manufacture 3 buses (now is 2 buses)per day and Plattsburgh is 4 buses (now is 3 buses)per day

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

Out of curiosity, have the TTC saved TRUMP units from retired buses for installation on these new models? I presume they're far from equipping them with VISION from the outset.

Yes, they are removed for re-use. At this point there are very few spare units to go around. Occationally we have removed them from buses going to rebuild or accident repair and kept them stored at the garage just to have extra spares. Afaik Mount Dennis will be the first division to have the Vision system installed then one of the streetcar barns will follow.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

8621 is tracking now.

Hate to also break it to ya too, but the trackers on #8622 and #8623 are now operational.

Just a curiosity, have those buses given license plates yet? I went by to New Eglinton and all of them have none. The van from Prevost was also there today. 

6 minutes ago, Antarctica said:

Hate to also break it to ya too, but the trackers on #8622 and #8623 are now operational.

Just a curiosity, have those buses given license plates yet? I went by to New Eglinton and all of them have none. The van from Prevost was also there today. 

Tracking means TRUMP is working on them. Doesn't mean PDI is completed nor are they legally allowed on the road. I heard it can take more than a week before new arrivals get plated.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

Could only wish Bombardier would deliver streetcars as fast as Nova does with buses. At one vehicle every two days, we could fully replace the CLRVs/ALRVs by next year (adjusted for logistics, of course).

It doesn't work that way. Bombardier had to build most of the components from scratch (gears, trunks, articulation joints, etc). The engine, transmission and most of the parts are ordered from suppliers and assembled. There is a lot more electronics on the streetcars with a lot more wiring.

A 40 ft bus just has a simply frame. It took nova longer to assemble artics. The streetcars have a cab, and frames for each section. More stuff means more testing too.

18 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

@leylandvictory2 have you been trained on the novas yet? Do you know how much of the division has been trained? 

I don't think the novas will go out till a decent amount of ops have been trained.

Yes I have been trained on the Nova.  I personally prefer the slow box over the Nova especially with the mirrors.  The retarder on nova is pretty strong.  Nova can make tighter turn but have a very bad tail swing. 

I would say majority of the Eglington drivers have been trained. about 16 operators are trained every day.  Training continues on Saturday and Sunday as well.  Drivers on spareboard and new operators are probably the last drivers to be trained based on what I see. 

17 hours ago, BusFanForever said:

Yes, they are removed for re-use. At this point there are very few spare units to go around. Occationally we have removed them from buses going to rebuild or accident repair and kept them stored at the garage just to have extra spares. Afaik Mount Dennis will be the first division to have the Vision system installed then one of the streetcar barns will follow.

It is confirmed Mount Dennis will be the first division to receive the Vision system.  Eglinton will be the last one to have them.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

It doesn't work that way. Bombardier had to build most of the components from scratch (gears, trunks, articulation joints, etc). The engine, transmission and most of the parts are ordered from suppliers and assembled. There is a lot more electronics on the streetcars with a lot more wiring.

A 40 ft bus just has a simply frame. It took nova longer to assemble artics. The streetcars have a cab, and frames for each section. More stuff means more testing too.

It is not quite true, yes the pieces its fracture by subcontracting. But if it would be directly nova who would fragriais .. it would be able to get out 2 Bus of 40 'per day ...

Then it passes to the bomber it has several pieces that its also to be fractured by subcontractors

The production cycle at Nova Bus Sainte Eutache Plant 

1x LFS ARTIC per day

or

2x LFS 40 'per day

From September 

3x LFS 40 'per day

6 hours ago, Seb_CITL said:

It is not quite true, yes the pieces its fracture by subcontracting. But if it would be directly nova who would fragriais .. it would be able to get out 2 Bus of 40 'per day ...

Then it passes to the bomber it has several pieces that its also to be fractured by subcontractors

The production cycle at Nova Bus Sainte Eutache Plant 

1x LFS ARTIC per day

or

2x LFS 40 'per day

From September 

3x LFS 40 'per day

I agree Nova is putting out more work than Bombardier. Probably cause they have more orders.

Eglinton can't take all 342 buses. I wonder if Arrow or Queensway gets the remaining 40 or so, they can finally get rid of all the hybrids at Arrow. Replaced by new novas or 7900s from Queensway. Arrow have less than 50 hybrids left.

12 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

I would say majority of the Eglington drivers have been trained. about 16 operators are trained every day.  Training continues on Saturday and Sunday as well.  Drivers on spareboard and new operators are probably the last drivers to be trained based on what I see. 

I think they'll need to train spareboard ops before they'll go out. Any words on when they'll be in service?

the 77/7800 will need replacing too, so I wonder if Bmount will get some Novas. all 7400-7881 will be gone by next year, then after that the hybrids will follow. So Bmount may get more 8100, possibly 8300. The remaining Novas can go to Wilson or Bmount.