Jump to content
8058

TTC Nova Bus Deliveries & Entered Service Tracking

Recommended Posts

#3154, #3187, #3196 are now on Arrow Rd garage property. Both St. Eustache and Plattsburgh are delivering units in this order.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#3143 #3197 #3184 have arrived at arrow road garage. 

I feel like the hybrids will probably replace most the 79xx series buses since 271 is enough to replace the 77-78xx and non-rebuilt 15-16xx series buses and the 79xx are next in line for retirement. before y'all tell me I'm wrong multiple drivers from queensway and arrow have told me the 79xx buses retire this year and that they are shitty buses.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The funny thing about operators is that they’re, well, operators. Very few have any contacts outside of service delivery. Likewise, my end would not be a reliable source for upcoming board period run or routing changes.

Expect hybrid retirements to get priority. They’re the most expensive to keep roadworthy, and would make a greater impact to the budget if retired quickly vs the 79s

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

The funny thing about operators is that they’re, well, operators. Very few have any contacts outside of service delivery. Likewise, my end would not be a reliable source for upcoming board period run or routing changes.

Expect hybrid retirements to get priority. They’re the most expensive to keep roadworthy, and would make a greater impact to the bud if retired quickly vs the 79s

Indeed hybrids are missing service every single day for 12 years being towed back to the garage gazillion times being abandon on the roads for 2 to 3 days in big snow ❄, leaks coming from batteries dripping outside the bus stop showing the color green or yellow.

Back in 08 I saw a hybrid bus broken down on highway 427 laying under the tunnel extremely humiliating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

#3143 #3197 #3184 have arrived at arrow road garage. 

I feel like the hybrids will probably replace most the 79xx series buses since 271 is enough to replace the 77-78xx and non-rebuilt 15-16xx series buses and the 79xx are next in line for retirement. before y'all tell me I'm wrong multiple drivers from queensway and arrow have told me the 79xx buses retire this year and that they are shitty buses.

 

Drivers arn't the most accurate source for information. Why would they retire the 79's this year if they are retiring the hybrids and the remaining 77's and 78's anyways? And besides, queensway drivers like the orions way more than the novas anyways.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gtatransitguy said:

Drivers arn't the most accurate source for information. Why would they retire the 79's this year if they are retiring the hybrids and the remaining 77's and 78's anyways? And besides, queensway drivers like the orions way more than the novas anyways.

Few disliked LFS despite the mirrors being small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crescent Transit 54 said:

Few disliked LFS despite the mirrors being small.

I dont know where you got that info from. a lot of drivers hate nova.  The mirror placement is horrible the seat cant go back far enough.  I actually release all the air from the chair so that i dont have to crank my neck to see thr mirror.  I prefer orion 7 except during hot weather.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind I was talking about the 54 nova hybrids being ordered. by then all 77-78xx and 15-16xx series buses (non rebuilt) will be all gone and the 79 and 80 buses are next but the ttc only has so much money. the 54 nova hybrids are enough to replace most of the 79xx buses and the remaining ones will be replaced in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

Keep in mind I was talking about the 54 nova hybrids being ordered. by then all 77-78xx and 15-16xx series buses (non rebuilt) will be all gone and the 79 and 80 buses are next but the ttc only has so much money. the 54 nova hybrids are enough to replace most of the 79xx buses and the remaining ones will be replaced in 2019.

Are we secretly clairvoyant?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

Keep in mind I was talking about the 54 nova hybrids being ordered. by then all 77-78xx and 15-16xx series buses (non rebuilt) will be all gone and the 79 and 80 buses are next but the ttc only has so much money. the 54 nova hybrids are enough to replace most of the 79xx buses and the remaining ones will be replaced in 2019.

Well wouldn't the 10's/11's retire before the 79's? The 79's are far more reliable then them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gtatransitguy said:

Well wouldn't the 10's/11's retire before the 79's? The 79's are far more reliable then them.

your statement is based on what drivers said or the mechanics actually work on them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

your statement is based on what drivers said or the mechanics actually work on them?

Neither. Just guessing since the hybrids arn't as reliable as the diesels, it makes more sense to retire the original generation hybrids then the 79's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Well wouldn't the 10's/11's retire before the 79's? The 79's are far more reliable then them.

I think the 8xxx would retire before 79xx because the 79's have more juice than the 80's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ontario_Transit said:

I think the 8xxx would retire before 79xx because the 79's have more juice than the 80's

The 7900s and 8000s have the exact same engine/transmission specifications.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ontario_Transit said:

I think the 8xxx would retire before 79xx because the 79's have more juice than the 80's

They're exactly the same. I don't see why TTC would do that.

They have the exact same engine and transmission, so they should have the same amount of power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

They're exactly the same. I don't see why TTC would do that.

They have the exact same engine and transmission, so they should have the same amount of power.

They’re not. One has a DPF system, the other does not.

That’s about $8000 extra worth of parts, and a whole lot more failure modes. Mechanically, the 8000s are closer to the NG 8100s, except for the hydraulically driven rad fan.

The same modifications to the EGR, variable geometry turbo, crankcase venting and fuel injection systems that were done between end of the 5.9 in 2006 and the start of the 6.7 in 2007 were also done to the ISL.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

They’re not. One has a DPF system, the other does not.

That’s about $8000 extra worth of parts, and a whole lot more failure modes. Mechanically, the 8000s are closer to the NG 8100s, except for the hydraulically driven rad fan.

The same modifications to the EGR, variable geometry turbo, crankcase venting and fuel injection systems that were done between end of the 5.9 in 2006 and the start of the 6.7 in 2007 were also done to the ISL.

so in your opinion which series will retire first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×