TTCNLFBT

TTC Nova Bus Deliveries & Entered Service Tracking

1 hour ago, anyfong said:

Why start at 3100? Why not logically start at 9240? There's plenty of space between 9240 and 9999, and furthermore, by starting at 3100 there's not much space as above 4000 is for streetcars, which leaves only 900 spaces for buses.

Long before they reach 3999, the 7xxx series will be empty and available for reuse.

It's just numbers. I care more about the buses than their numbers. If we all want to know why, then why don't we ask TTC this?

I see that this thread is going off topic with this number discussion. This whole page has been about nothing but the numbers of the new buses. 

Back to bus number speculations and theories I guess... although they might have done it if to differentiate these buses from the other ones, as these ones might have already have VISION or CAD/ADL factory installed.

I guess if anyone could ask the management people if they're around the doors open house tomorrow to know why. 

6 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Back to bus number speculations and theories I guess... although they might have done it if to differentiate these buses from the other ones, as these ones might have already have VISION or CAD/ADL factory installed.

I guess if anyone could ask the management people if they're around the doors open house tomorrow to know why. 

I can confirm that these units do have VISION installed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TechnicaProductions said:

I can confirm that these units do have VISION installed

Expect them to sit idle for awhile then.

Here is a formal list of features:

Exterior:

- Rear Exterior camera like YRT.

- Exterior camera on left side at rear.

- Exterior camera on right side at rear.

- Turn signals on the mirrors 

(This makes a total of 4 side exterior cameras on the bus compared to 2 on the last order)

Interior: 

- Black bar on roof above the stairs on rear side of the bus for a second next stop display.

- Rear fleet number

- 33 new 4ONE Gemini seats

- USB Ports at the rear end of the bus, on the poles where the stop request buttons usually are, also more under the seats reportedly.

- VISION system in the drivers cabin

- New stop next screen at the front, will display STOP REQUESTED.

——————————

Edited by Transit_Hub

1 hour ago, Transit_Hub said:

Exterior:

(This makes a total of 4 side exterior cameras on the bus compared to 2 on the last order)

Interior: 

- Black bar on roof above the stairs. (If anyone finds out or knows it’s purpose please let me know)

- Rear fleet number

- 2 USB Ports at the rear end of the bus, on the poles where the stop request buttons usually are.

——————————

Thats all for now.

The mirror on the right hand side is different.  I has a turning signal on it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, * Mr. Black * said:

hmmmmm.....

9240-9999 = 760.... Plenty of space

3100-3999 = 900....  Not much space

2 + 2 = 4 - 1 = 3 Quick Maths.....

dead meme

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Transit_Hub said:

Exterior:

Interior: 

- Black bar on roof above the stairs. (If anyone finds out or knows it’s purpose please let me know)

- Rear fleet number

- 2 USB Ports at the rear end of the bus, on the poles where the stop request buttons usually are.

——————————

Thats all for now.

It has USB ports under most of the seats as well

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

The mirror on the right hand side is different.  I has a turning signal on it.

Going by the photo, that’s only a reflective decal. Exact same one halfway down the sides.

🤦‍♂️

B1E9DE1F-4EF2-462D-A6AD-02B65B97F3CE.thumb.png.147028d1bc9f67f0a80fe1855482aec5.png

This. It’s literally one page back.

credit goes to Transit_Hub.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ontario_Transit said:

I couldn't find a photo of any of the units

There's three photos that are one page back. I recommend that you try to look at recent pages to see if you can find what you want before you ask next time.

I stand corrected then. I’m happy they’ve decided to go with that...looking at YRT’s, they seem like a good idea. That and the reverse cameras. Hopefully they’ll allow us to back up unassisted on those equipped.

Before anyone asks, I don’t think a retrofit for the older ones is coming, as the chassis side wiring harnesses don’t contain spares for that function.

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

I guess the drivers took out too many mirrors.  Way better solution than the reflective grey tapes.

How does this mitigate operator mistakes?

I’m not convinced they’ll even be visible from the driver’s seat. Their purpose is to inform other traffic and pedestrians.

• Like 1

#3130 has been delivered to Arrow Rd garage. There are two other units that are also on TTC property but they were parked inside the garage so I couldn't catch their fleet numbers. #3104 tracker is now active.

Edited by Shemar
  • Like 2