New Looks in Toronto

TTC Nova Bus Deliveries & Entered Service Tracking

50 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

But by then the TTC's fleet will probably be largely electric-powered if all goes according to plans, and it is very likely that Nova will have a long-range LFSe in production and the TTC might be buying those.

Hmphhh......while I understand the importance of electric buses, I'm still a fan of internal combustion....and also an electric bus won't sound better than an ISM/B500R/ZF combo....

Are the new Novas shifting like ZF ecolifes, or back to the way Allisons have always sounded? I recall MTA trying out the LBSS (Load Based Shift Scheduling) for a period where their LFS' sounded like ZFs, but then some units were reverted to the original shifting pattern. 

1 hour ago, Transit geek said:

But by then the TTC's fleet will probably be largely electric-powered if all goes according to plans, and it is very likely that Nova will have a long-range LFSe in production and the TTC might be buying those.

045C5C55-AE4C-41E3-AE08-6E8DF812430B.thumb.jpeg.d385d21a35b57c6cfff8dfc1a48e5944.jpeg

Woah. Hang on there.

we’re all very aware how sideways “plans” can go, right?

-cant even wait for the first trial units to show, and we’re already converting the whole fleet. 😒

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, D40-90 said:

Based on the CEO report, Bmount will get 33 of the 8720-8964 fleet. And 95 of the 9200 fleet.

Arrow will get 230 buses in 2018

http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2018/January_18/Reports/1_Chief_Executive_Officers_Report-January__2018_Update_(3).pdf

Page 69 of 90

All on page 69 is about ecalator performance...

1 hour ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

if arrow road division gets more newer novas for 2018 does this mean they will be pushing out their hybrids and 79 series?

230 new Novas at Arrow Rd would push out most of the older 40ft Novas as well. 

8 minutes ago, wil9402 said:

230 new Novas at Arrow Rd would push out most of the older 40ft Novas as well. 

interesting where will the older novas go to from arrow road or which divisions you think would get them. Also I think the hybrids will go to mt dennis and the 79s I'm not too sure but maybe Queensway?

Looks like Birchmount will still need more buses to replace all the 77/7800s. I guess more 8100 from Wilson, and more 8700s from Eglinton.

I guess the numbers will be 9200-9424.

Remember that there is still 9200-9239 bus order which is part of the 8720-8964 bus order to start delivery soon. I'm speculating that these 40 buses will most likely end up at Birchmount. Therefore, the 325 buses coming this year might get the fleet range of 9240-9464.

I wish they would separate the MDBF of the hybrids from the novas. There is no way we can tell what bus model is performing well and what not. It seems like they purposely want to hide something.

I would not be surprised if they move the oldest at Eglinton starting from 8620s to Bmount instead. The did that with Queensway too. This will reduce issues with new deliveries at Bmount. The 2017 Bmount novas are delivered to Eglinton allowing this to easily happen. 

It will be interesting to see if the remaining 7900s actually move away from Arrow. They still are the preferred buses to be dispatched on the 191. Arrow will probably lose all it's hybrids this year. Maybe Queensway and Arrow will trade their 7900s for novas. The remaining novas will head to MtD or Wilson. Malvern will be stuck with most of the NG hybrids?

12 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I wish they would separate the MDBF of the hybrids from the novas. There is no way we can tell what bus model is performing well and what not. It seems like they purposely want to hide something.

I would not be surprised if they move the oldest at Eglinton starting from 8620s to Bmount instead. The did that with Queensway too. This will reduce issues with new deliveries at Bmount. The 2017 Bmount novas are delivered to Eglinton allowing this to easily happen. 

It will be interesting to see if the remaining 7900s actually move away from Arrow. They still are the preferred buses to be dispatched on the 191. Arrow will probably lose all it's hybrids this year. Maybe Queensway and Arrow will trade their 7900s for novas. The remaining novas will head to MtD or Wilson. Malvern will be stuck with most of the NG hybrids?

I find out that Malvern is the only garage where there hasn't been any speculation of movements of any kind in this thread, save for the supposed transfer of its OG hybrids to MtD. But since the TTC is planning to expand the site of Malvern, it will definitely need new buses and I hope that the TTC can send its NG hybrids to Malvern while the OGs head over to wear themselves off on inner-city routes.