TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

10 minutes ago, TTC Guy said:

Yes but it is on there again today

I know that, however, this is not a sightings thread, its a nova bus deliveries and entered service tracking thread. I only post information on sightings of new novas when it is their first day of service.

4 minutes ago, Shemar said:

I know that, however, this is not a sightings thread, its a nova bus deliveries and entered service tracking thread. I only post information on sightings of new novas when it is their first day of service.

Yes but I think that it is still worth Day the second day just in case someone can go and see it considering that they are very new to the roads

2 hours ago, ProGamer21 said:

As leylandvictory say’s they are trained on the articts which are very similar. Even if they won’t they could always train them.

His answer was already enough the first time around. You don't need to repeat what he said.

8 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Malvern drivers don't need training.  They already have the Nova artics.  When Eglinton first got the Nova, former Mount Dennis operators didn't receive any training on the Nova.  Aside from the length of the artic and 40 footer, the only difference I notice is the nasty tail swing on the 40 foot nova.

I'm guessing it's just familiarization of the switches and other similar factors on the Nova Artics that could interchangeably be used on the 40fts.

So I'll assume that the bus divisions that doesn't have the Nova 40fts but has the Nova Artics will also now know how to drive a 40ft. But do those that normally drive 40fts be qualified also on how to drive an Artic?

2 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

But do those that normally drive 40fts be qualified also on how to drive an Artic?

No.  

Artic comes with a jacknife warning alarm iirc.

People keep on saying the rear trailer follows the middle wheels.  I havent driven one yet.  So i will not make any comment regarding that statement.

Unless there’s a real malfunction, you won’t trigger a jackknife limit alarm unless you’re reversing. Ignore it, and the brake interlock comes on.

Depending on the angle, the c axle will follow up to two feet to the inside of the b axle on a turn.

it’s the blind tail swing of the rear to the outside that can be a killer, especially in confined, slow manoeuvres in stations and garages. At least on a 40ft, you have an unobstructed view all the way to the rear corner.

2 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Unless there’s a real malfunction, you won’t trigger a jackknife limit alarm unless you’re reversing. Ignore it, and the brake interlock comes on.

Depending on the angle, the c axle will follow up to two feet to the inside of the b axle on a turn.

it’s the blind tail swing of the rear to the outside that can be a killer, especially in confined, slow manoeuvres in stations and garages. At least on a 40ft, you have an unobstructed view all the way to the rear corner.

I am always impress how the malvern artic opertaer flow thru the shephard ramp 40km/hr + at don mills station.

4 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Does the path of the c axle not also depend on the wheelbase? I know this definitely has an impact on the tail swing; but if the c axle is more centered than offset on the trailer, its path will be usually closer to that of the b, no?

• 2044 locked this topic
  • 2044 unlocked this topic