TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

Keep in mind I was talking about the 54 nova hybrids being ordered. by then all 77-78xx and 15-16xx series buses (non rebuilt) will be all gone and the 79 and 80 buses are next but the ttc only has so much money. the 54 nova hybrids are enough to replace most of the 79xx buses and the remaining ones will be replaced in 2019.

1 hour ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

Keep in mind I was talking about the 54 nova hybrids being ordered. by then all 77-78xx and 15-16xx series buses (non rebuilt) will be all gone and the 79 and 80 buses are next but the ttc only has so much money. the 54 nova hybrids are enough to replace most of the 79xx buses and the remaining ones will be replaced in 2019.

Are we secretly clairvoyant?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ontario_Transit said:

I think the 8xxx would retire before 79xx because the 79's have more juice than the 80's

The 7900s and 8000s have the exact same engine/transmission specifications.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

They're exactly the same. I don't see why TTC would do that.

They have the exact same engine and transmission, so they should have the same amount of power.

They’re not. One has a DPF system, the other does not.

That’s about $8000 extra worth of parts, and a whole lot more failure modes. Mechanically, the 8000s are closer to the NG 8100s, except for the hydraulically driven rad fan.

The same modifications to the EGR, variable geometry turbo, crankcase venting and fuel injection systems that were done between end of the 5.9 in 2006 and the start of the 6.7 in 2007 were also done to the ISL.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

They’re not. One has a DPF system, the other does not.

That’s about $8000 extra worth of parts, and a whole lot more failure modes. Mechanically, the 8000s are closer to the NG 8100s, except for the hydraulically driven rad fan.

The same modifications to the EGR, variable geometry turbo, crankcase venting and fuel injection systems that were done between end of the 5.9 in 2006 and the start of the 6.7 in 2007 were also done to the ISL.

so in your opinion which series will retire first?

Who cares which series of buses are going to retire first or next! All of this speculation is pointless at this point in time as we don't know what the TTC is going to retire next. We already know that the remaining 2002-2005 OGs are being retired and any non rebuilt 15xx and 16xx units including the 17xx and 18xx units that experience major component failures will be pulled from the active bus roster. We'll know eventually what series of buses are next but there is enough stuff going on already including the vision nova bus deliveries.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

#3121 #3125 #3128 #3182 #3198 #3203 #3205 have arrived at arrow. I saw 3121 being tested today pulling into the garage displaying "4S ANNETTE SHORT TURN" on the sign.823607101_ScreenShot2018-06-08at4_58_29PM.thumb.png.f14a39f2f45966a395aa27d7ebff4049.png

sometimes the nova buses are delivered with a route displayed on the destination sign.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

I know this is not related but how do i log in to cptdb (editing) because i enter my correct username and password but it alway ays "unable to authenticate" please help this is impossible

Only wiki editors, moderators, and admins have access to editing the wiki.

Hi guys i’m new, just letting you know that 3202 and another 31 series bus were both parked at the 84/99 arrow rd stop, at arrow road yesterday with the engines off.

Also, i live very close to arrow so if any of you want to know were a bus is just ask me, hopefully i can see it and let you guys know.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, M320 said:

Hi guys i’m new, just letting you know that 3202 and another 31 series bus were both parked at the 84/99 arrow rd stop, at arrow road yesterday with the engines off.

Also, i live very close to arrow so if any of you want to know were a bus is just ask me, hopefully i can see it and let you guys know.

have any 33xx buses arrived. and how do u get in without being caught