TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

Two things:

POST TRACKING:
There maybe in confusion in all but either @8058 (Page 1) or @Shemar (Page 36) are updating their respective posts all at once. No, i'm not complaining though I am just explaining if its best to leave Page 1 to 8058 to update the new buses that were delivered or entered service since one person is enough to cover this.

REALLOCATION:
If all the #31-33xx are delivered to Arrow Rd., Where would the #84-#86xx go? I'm getting the feeling they may be shipped away to Malvern (@Bus_Medic has to confirm or deny), Mount Dennis (@BusFanForever - same) or any other divisions. 

52 minutes ago, BYD said:

REALLOCATION:

If all the #31-33xx are delivered to Arrow Rd., Where would the #84-#86xx go? I'm getting the feeling they may be shipped away to Malvern, Mount Dennis or any other divisions. 

Birchmount still needs more buses to replace the remaining slowboxes so I think that Birchmount will be one of the divisions that will receive some of the 2015 and 2016 series nova buses.

3 hours ago, BYD said:

Two things:

POST TRACKING:
There maybe in confusion in all but either @8058 (Page 1) or @Shemar (Page 36) are updating their respective posts all at once. No, i'm not complaining though I am just explaining if its best to leave Page 1 to 8058 to update the new buses that were delivered or entered service since one person is enough to cover this.

REALLOCATION:
If all the #31-33xx are delivered to Arrow Rd., Where would the #84-#86xx go? I'm getting the feeling they may be shipped away to Malvern (@Bus_Medic has to confirm or deny), Mount Dennis (@BusFanForever - same) or any other divisions. 

That was the plan...and the unrefurbished hybrids were to be condemned to the scrap heap.

On 5/29/2018 at 7:41 PM, dre said:

http://ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2018/January_18/Reports/1_Chief_Executive_Officers_Report-January__2018_Update_(3).pdf

Birchmount Division.  should get 95 new novas or mix of 2015 and or 2016 arrow road 230 of the 325 so arrow gets maybe all 54 hybrids and 176 novas from 271 new batch.

You have to understand you have quote outdated information.

Birchmount will not initially receive any new buses this year due to the new vision unit is still in pilot phase. Birchmount would receive enough buses to service any streetcar deficits in the fall (in case of further delays from Bombardier) and some for the new express service on Markham Rd plus peak service improvements. I can insure you it will be different than 95.

9 hours ago, BYD said:

Two things:

POST TRACKING:

REALLOCATION:

There is the possibility (just speculation on my part nothing official at this point) that some of the new 31xx buses could end up at Mt Dennis temporarily when the vision system is implemented since that would be the only place they could be used in service until the system is implemented at Arrow. I doubt any 84-86xx's will be moved to Mt Dennis.

• Like 1

#3143 #3197 #3184 have arrived at arrow road garage. 

I feel like the hybrids will probably replace most the 79xx series buses since 271 is enough to replace the 77-78xx and non-rebuilt 15-16xx series buses and the 79xx are next in line for retirement. before y'all tell me I'm wrong multiple drivers from queensway and arrow have told me the 79xx buses retire this year and that they are shitty buses.

• Like 1

The funny thing about operators is that they’re, well, operators. Very few have any contacts outside of service delivery. Likewise, my end would not be a reliable source for upcoming board period run or routing changes.

Expect hybrid retirements to get priority. They’re the most expensive to keep roadworthy, and would make a greater impact to the budget if retired quickly vs the 79s

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

The funny thing about operators is that they’re, well, operators. Very few have any contacts outside of service delivery. Likewise, my end would not be a reliable source for upcoming board period run or routing changes.

Expect hybrid retirements to get priority. They’re the most expensive to keep roadworthy, and would make a greater impact to the bud if retired quickly vs the 79s

Indeed hybrids are missing service every single day for 12 years being towed back to the garage gazillion times being abandon on the roads for 2 to 3 days in big snow ❄, leaks coming from batteries dripping outside the bus stop showing the color green or yellow.

Back in 08 I saw a hybrid bus broken down on highway 427 laying under the tunnel extremely humiliating.

8 minutes ago, gtatransitguy said:

Drivers arn't the most accurate source for information. Why would they retire the 79's this year if they are retiring the hybrids and the remaining 77's and 78's anyways? And besides, queensway drivers like the orions way more than the novas anyways.

Few disliked LFS despite the mirrors being small.

2 hours ago, Crescent Transit 54 said:

Few disliked LFS despite the mirrors being small.

I dont know where you got that info from. a lot of drivers hate nova.  The mirror placement is horrible the seat cant go back far enough.  I actually release all the air from the chair so that i dont have to crank my neck to see thr mirror.  I prefer orion 7 except during hot weather.

• Thanks 1