TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

I stand corrected then. I’m happy they’ve decided to go with that...looking at YRT’s, they seem like a good idea. That and the reverse cameras. Hopefully they’ll allow us to back up unassisted on those equipped.

Before anyone asks, I don’t think a retrofit for the older ones is coming, as the chassis side wiring harnesses don’t contain spares for that function.

#3130 has been delivered to Arrow Rd garage. There are two other units that are also on TTC property but they were parked inside the garage so I couldn't catch their fleet numbers. #3104 tracker is now active.

Edited by Shemar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

there might be more units now. I saw 3100 today it is also tracking blue as well. I just saw 2 or 3 more outside the front  where 3103 and 3104 were parked couldn't see their numbers as I was driving. 

There are more units now at Arrow. However, most of them are parked inside the garage which is why they can't be spotted.

• Like 1

I honestly can't wait for these to start showing up at birchmount. it will nice when seeing an OG in the east end is impossible

Oh ya and I forgot to mention that the announcement screen in the new units (3100s) now pops out of the wall and has a slightly orange colour. I will show some pictures tomorrow night once I visit arrow again

Which could be months....I was to start the project today, and we were informed 3 weeks ago that it’s on indefinite hiatus while engineers work out a surprise technical issue. I’m told it’s I/T’s jurisdiction.

Certainly threw a monkey wrench into my plan to spend weekends or home with my family this summer. Basically had to take back all the things I told my little girl we’d do.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

Which could be months....I was to start the project today, and we were informed 3 weeks ago that it’s on indefinite hiatus while engineers work out a surprise technical issue. I’m told it’s I/T’s jurisdiction.

Certainly threw a monkey wrench into my plan to spend weekends or home with my family this summer. Basically had to take back all the things I told my little girl we’d do.

Sorry to hear that. Wish there was something that the TTC or the union could do to fix the fact that people spend their hours from 6am to 8pm working for the TTC and can't even have a weekend off to spend time with family. Just sad to hear and I hope you have at least one weekend during this summer off.

2 minutes ago, Ontario_Transit said:

Sorry to hear that. Wish there was something that the TTC or the union could do to fix the fact that people spend their hours from 6am to 8pm working for the TTC and can't even have a weekend off to spend time with family. Just sad to hear and I hope you have at least one weekend during this summer off.

Uh, they do depending on the board they sign up for... And plus the TTC and the Union are still negotiating I believe 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Uh, they do depending on the board they sign up for... And plus the TTC and the Union are still negotiating I believe 

Maintenance employees do not have board periods. Union can’t do anything in this case.  The brutal reality is if the system isn’t ready, everything stops, and stays in a holding pattern until it is.

I'm just acknowledging that vision is currently a pain in the ass and that until every little problem is resolved, it will be that way. I hate to say this but it's the reality. From what I hear, workers are moved where they are essential and don't 'sign up' for it. Until we have a bus shortage at Birchmount, don't expect big shuffles

There are completely different procedures to bidding on maintenance jobs, but the gist is that the positions are typically permanent, unless they’re a capital project just like this. The only way to switch is to bid on a new internal job created, or bid on a vacancy made by someone retiring, or bidding on one of the chain reaction vacancies that the original retirement caused. All bids are awarded based on seniority, of course.

2 minutes ago, Ontario_Transit said:

I'm just acknowledging that vision is currently a pain in the ass and that until every little problem is resolved, it will be that way. I hate to say this but it's the reality. From what I hear, workers are moved where they are essential and don't 'sign up' for it. Until we have a bus shortage at Birchmount, don't expect big shuffles

There are some jobs that are classified as “various”- typically junior, with combinations of variable off days, shifts and/or locations. Sometimes referred to as “pool” or summer relief. They can be moved around to fill temporary shortfalls caused by different things, like mechanics taking summer vacation, (especially Duncan) for example.

Other “established” positions have fixed says off, location and shift.

my current position would fall into this category.

The project job is a little unusual, as it’s fixed shift time, fixed off days, but various locations, for obvious reasons. Being considered temporary, it simply means that I’ll revert back to my existing permanent position when the project wraps up, and so will the more junior guy who bid on my job, to backfill the position while I’m away on the project..and so on, and so on.