TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

On 08/07/2017 at 4:05 PM, New Looks in Toronto said:

Arrived & Entered Service:

8666 on the 70 (pm).

Drove it... Nothing special. Was hoping they would do away with the 666 numbers. Now, for the time being there are three TTC buses with 666: 1666, 7666, 8666.

I fail to understand why people are liking the Nova LFS buses. They are not as well built as the Orion VII buses. I was driving 8765 last night, 13,000 Km on the ODO. The fold up seats were rattling, the overhead maintenance hatches above the windshield were rattling, the storage for the upper barrier was loose and it too was rattling. A few hours in and I had a headache from driving it.

1 hour ago, Heavy D said:

I fail to understand why people are liking the Nova LFS buses. They are not as well built as the Orion VII buses. I was driving 8765 last night, 13,000 Km on the ODO. The fold up seats were rattling, the overhead maintenance hatches above the windshield were rattling, the storage for the upper barrier was loose and it too was rattling. A few hours in and I had a headache from driving it.

What routes do you drive?

1 hour ago, Heavy D said:

Most people on the board would agree that the LFS is a garbage bus for riders and drivers alike. Poorly built, poorly designed and ugly too...

3 hours ago, Heavy D said:

It depends on what people think. It could be the design of the bus, not the structure itself. Even though if the structure isn't built strong enough, the buses will have huge maintenance issues in the future when the buses start to age. 

6 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Seriously, knock it off with the foamer sissy fight, ALL of you. None of us give a rats ass about your respective tastes or fetishes.

the board is collectively stupider for having to endure these wastes of time.

My opinion. A bus is a bus. Gets people to their places and is there for us to photograph thats all. Mechanics like you. (I assume you are one) do an amazing job keeping them on the road for the pleasure of passengers and bus fans alike. Doesnt matter what the bus looks like. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Behind 33 buses is not much for their massive order. I am sure that number has dropped since.

3 hours ago, soo8513 said:

I'm a bit confused here: Wiki shows orders of 245 buses 8720 - 8964 and 40 buses 9200 - 9239 ... I add that to 285 buses ... CEO report indicates 281 buses to be delivered by end of 2018Q1.  Thanks

You can see two rows, the 281 are paid for as bus replacement while 4 more is paid through the customer service initiative. Whoever wrote "To meet growing demand" is pretty dead wrong as only 4 of them are purchased for "To meet growing demand".

In fact TTC haven't purchased much buses for service expansion lately, just 4 this year and 50 (8455-8504) in 2015.

20 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Behind 33 buses is not much for their massive order. I am sure that number has dropped since.

No big deal. Just to illustrate to some that think they're coming in too quickly. Apparently they aren't.

Well, I rode a number of TTC buses in Toronto yesterday - 8620's 8720's and a few Orions and only 7711 (on 87A) seemed not be in too good shape but on the 86 and 116 routes there were many standing loads. Perhaps it might have been wiser to do a "buy 100 retire 80" plan, but buses don't appear to be a priority.  Also, to note the very crowded DUNDAS car; and this with so many buildings under construction along Dundas between Parliament and Broadview.

1 hour ago, soo8513 said:

Well, I rode a number of TTC buses in Toronto yesterday - 8620's 8720's and a few Orions and only 7711 (on 87A) seemed not be in too good shape but on the 86 and 116 routes there were many standing loads. Perhaps it might have been wiser to do a "buy 100 retire 80" plan, but buses don't appear to be a priority.  Also, to note the very crowded DUNDAS car; and this with so many buildings under construction along Dundas between Parliament and Broadview.

There is no place to put them