Sign in to follow this  
A. Wong

New Registrations Temporarily Disabled

Due to an overwhelming increase in spam registrations, new user account creation is currently disabled.

This functionality will be restored sometime in the near future.

Please email admin@cptdb.ca if you would like to register, and include your desired username.

Thanks,

-A. Wong

on behalf of CPTDB Admin

The same thing has been happening with the Facebook transit groups as well... it's severely annoying. We've even started making our own spam groups just to track them down and ban them. It's insane. SSP (SkyscraperPage, other forum I'm on) must be getting tons lately as well. It just never ends...

I am one of the Admins at the largest Imperial Japanese Navy dedicated group on FB, and we have noticed many ways to detect them.

First, set the group as "closed", then anyone asking for joining, first go to their profile and try to look for the following aspects: profile and cover images recently introduced, zero friends (in most cases) and tens, even hundreds of groups joined and - if the account exists for at least two days - posts about money loans or other critically sensitive businesses, including sales that don't even fit any closer to the subject, like 'low priced sunglasses, sneakers, etc'.

Hope this information help other users here who are Admins of larger FB pages (I say "large ones" because those spammers know those are ideal for passing their 'poison' on.