XD40 #'s 8205-8354

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Its logical since CT is just numbering everything consecutively these days.

So when the CNG trial ends, will CT just buy out the leases and keep the CNG's, or just send the CNG buses back and have a four number gap between the 2012 Novas and XD40's?

And here we have 8205 and 8206. I was not expecting the interior seating to be same or similar coloring to the XN40's. At least they went back to the touch bar system for the rear doors!

The full length roof line was a bit of a surprise as well for me...

221213-07437ct8205.jpg

221213-07439ct8205.jpg

221213-07440ct8205.jpg

221213-07443ct8205.jpg

221213-07464ct8206.jpg

221213-07456ct8206.jpg

Edited by BCT-3122-D800-10240

I've seen them and MAN these are awesome looking and specced buses. Christmas came early.

All I'll say is the livery has been designed to match the CTrain...

I like these buses because they have the roof line like the ones in West Vancouver; the livery looks sharp on these bus.

When will these buses start service?

Bike racks!!! I wonder if this is a push to put bike racks on all the buses.

It's nice to see the return of the push handle back door! Interesting seats, I like the ones in the XD60's better.

ZF transmission sucks! But on a brighter note the livery and roof line are amazing.

I am surprised to see fixed windows.

Not surprised. They are air conditioned.

I do not like the ZF's... Not happy about that...

At least we can shift these ones down. Still ughhh!

Bike racks!!! I wonder if this is a push to put bike racks on all the buses.

IIrc, One of these features of thos order is that all would have bike racks. As for all buses, unlikely. Already over capacity as it. A bike rack on every bus would take away garage space for nearly 50 buses.

Not surprised. They are air conditioned.

Yes, but if the A/C breaks down on a hot day, the bus goes out of service (or it gets really hot in the bus).

On the other hand, they won't have people opening the windows with the A/C on.

Fixed windows with A/C are getting more common, but I still see a lot of new buses with A/C and opening windows.

I'm just surprised to see Calgary's first bus order with A/C to force the issue.

I'm curious to see what this order will do to the current fleet. What will be retired exactly, which garages the XD40's will all end up at in the end (I'm sure there is no way all 150 can possibly go to SG in the end), and what will get transferred between which garages!

I'm curious to see what this order will do to the current fleet. What will be retired exactly, which garages the XD40's will all end up at in the end (I'm sure there is no way all 150 can possibly go to SG in the end), and what will get transferred between which garages!

It has been fairly public what will be retired. Calgary Transit has the goal of having a completely accessible bus fleet by the end of 2014. These 150 buses are meant to replace the remaining high floor buses, replace some aging/high maintenance low floors and for some expansion. As it was explained to me in the fall, the remaining 7700s from Vic are expected to move to Anderson as the MCIs and some 95s, 96s, and 99s from Anderson start shifting over to Spring Gardens. The 7800 and 7900s from spring gardens are supposed to find their way over to victoria park next year sometime next year. As of October, it was indicated that it was not planned that anderson would not receive any of these new buses. They could not justify putting them out of a garage that operates 5 days a week with very few buses that are out more then 12 hours a day, where spring gardens and victoria park are 7 day a week garages with several all day/all night runs, sometimes exceeding more then 20 hours. We'll have to see.