Sign in to follow this  
NiagaraGoTransit

GO Transit's New Paint Scheme

Some people like, some don't. Now let's discuss it, I have seen 607 in real, the train I was on started in NFS then I boarded in St. Catharines heading to the CNE the trip was normal until we reached the Willowbrook Yard and TMC and I saw a BBD 2000 series Bi-Level with it's doors partly painted In the new scheme. Then we reached Mimico to our delight 607 pulls up with a wired consist. 607, Cab, Bi, Bi, Bi, WC, Bi, Bi, Bi, Cab. That was caught on video, to me I like the new paint but, digitally it looks bad.

Oh and BTW I got off at Exibition and saw the 607 from the platform.

I think it looks decent on the buses but 607 looks horrible with it. The white front cap just highlights all the dirt, dead bugs, scuffs and such way too much.

Buses look ok, MP40 = blah, bilevel = abortion of a paint job.

Some people like, some don't. Now let's discuss it, I have seen 607 in real, the train I was on started in NFS then I boarded in St. Catharines heading to the CNE the trip was normal until we reached the Willowbrook Yard and TMC and I saw a BBD 2000 series Bi-Level with it's doors partly painted In the new scheme. Then we reached Mimico to our delight 607 pulls up with a wired consist. 607, Cab, Bi, Bi, Bi, WC, Bi, Bi, Bi, Cab. That was caught on video, to me I like the new paint but, digitally it looks bad.

Oh and BTW I got off at Exibition and saw the 607 from the platform.

Probably this train. Sometimes they bury a cab car in the consist, often right after the loco:

http://www.railpictu...chment_id=12483

Looking at that livery I think they should have reversed the direction of the green, start it at the front and taper it down towards the rear. That way they could have a darker color on the front of the cab and still a bit of a swoop on the side. I agree that white is a terrible color for the front BTW. Anytime I see a white car I usually just notice how cruddy it looks due to bugs, dirt, grime, paint chips or whatever showing prominently.

Does anyone think they sould have just stuck with the old livery instead of adopting this new one? Or was it time for a change?

Looking at that livery I think they should have reversed the direction of the green, start it at the front and taper it down towards the rear. That way they could have a darker color on the front of the cab and still a bit of a swoop on the side. I agree that white is a terrible color for the front BTW. Anytime I see a white car I usually just notice how cruddy it looks due to bugs, dirt, grime, paint chips or whatever showing prominently.

Does anyone think they sould have just stuck with the old livery instead of adopting this new one? Or was it time for a change?

I think it may have been time for change because the old green and white was kind of getting boring.

I'm not opposed to a livery change, but if they really wanted to do this they couldve picked a nicer look

The new paint-scheme for the locos kinda renders the relatively recent update of the symbol GO uses to show it's rail services obsolete. They were basically a simplified version of this (which kinda looked like a heart on the front of the train!):

New%20GOLoco%20June07-018.jpg