Blue Bus Fan

Community Transit

21 minutes ago, kona404 said:

Here are 9159 and 9171 at Aurora Village TC serving Swift on February 4. Also saw 9158, 9164, 9165, 9166, and 9169.

Also have some pictures of 40-foots serving UW, but I'm in need of a better place to host images now that Flickr has changed their business model...

Bravo, bravo. 👏

Excellent documentation of a rare occurrence!

The pic of 9171 is especially nice. That New Flyer exudes a quiet confidence in the snow. Don't worry, I got this. (Of course, a skilled operator always helps, too...) For some reason I can't see a Gillig projecting the same reassuring presence.

Plus, Community Transit's colors look really nice to a winter backdrop!

How many D40LFs is Community Transit still running? I know they're fast disappearing; these photos remind me that I'll miss 'em.

7 minutes ago, Border City Transit said:

Bravo, bravo. 👏

Excellent documentation of a rare occurrence!

The pic of 9171 is especially nice. That New Flyer exudes a quiet confidence in the snow. Don't worry, I got this. (Of course, a skilled operator always helps, too...) For some reason I can't see a Gillig projecting the same reassuring presence.

Plus, Community Transit's colors look really nice to a winter backdrop!

How many D40LFs is Community Transit still running? I know they're fast disappearing; these photos remind me that I'll miss 'em.

Thanks! The colors look much better before being compressed here. 😉 But I agree, it was pretty stunning! 

According to the Wiki, CT has 9152 through 9171 still. Photos have been updated over the last week for almost all of them, so I'd bet that all 20 are running.

9152-9171 were believed to be retired as they never came out on revenue service until recently when the snow storm hit. They are currently used for driver training, except when snow hits and the artics get sidelined. 

Does anyone know why CT is taking over 540 from KCM in March? 

Got an answer from a metro supervisor

"When the 550 moves out of the tunnel, it will need to add buses at peak, with the longer travel times.
This allows Metro to add the needed service with the same current equipment we have."

Tomorrow marks the start of the Swift GREEN line, as well as the brand new Seaway TC! Exciting to see more BRT into Everett, especially to Boeing!