Transit pictures in Holland

Canadian Lover

Herring is good. Paling (eel) is better.

Blech and more blech :P

Now, a frikandel with ketchup and onions with fritjes and saus and mayo is out of this world :)

Train / Transit enthusiasts may get a kick from this (in Holland)

Good find, I've always liked travelling on the NS system ... love the blue and yellow. I used to travel to Amsterdam once a month when I lived in Germany so I'd take the car up to Schipol, park it there and take the train into Central Station.

Did you take the train into town from Amstel? Did you eat a herring? Blech LOL!

No I did the opposite. I was at Centraal taking photos, then took the metro to Amstel. I got out there and took the photos. I didn't eat a lot of Dutch food, but there was the delicious burger I had at Burger Bar. And I did hit up a few coffeeshops where I was there.

No I did the opposite. I was at Centraal taking photos, then took the metro to Amstel. I got out there and took the photos.

OK, gottcha. How did you like the system there?

I didn't eat a lot of Dutch food, but there was the delicious burger I had at Burger Bar.

Dutch food is either very fishy, french fry based or Indonesian based ... all really good but the fish LOL.

And I did hit up a few coffeeshops where I was there.

Giggle

Not sure I know what a frikandel is, I may know it by another name.

Sent you a PM ;)

Patat frite mit mayo is hel lekker.

Wish North Americans would get fries right LOL

I believe the airport is spelled Schiphol.
You're right, my bad ... thanks for the correction

Dutch do love their cheese and their fish. Potato is a staple and they love to make 'mashes' with potato, meat, veggies. A big mound of mash, make a little 'ditch' in it and pour in the gravy. The love their sweets, pastry and whipped cream. Dutch food is very rich and thus high in cholesterol. And despite all that, they are mostly very lean, tall, healthy people. (Except for me, I didn't get any lean, tall, genes). For anyone in BC that is somewhat interested in a very good mayonnaise to use with French fries, I've attached a pic of a locally made brand that is very high quality.

Check this out

http://stuffdutchpeoplelike.com/

IMG_2262.JPG