Sudbury_Transit

Greater Sudbury Transit

145 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, swimmer_spe said:

I wonder what the cause was. Maybe the rough roads jarred something loose....

Yeah, could be. They reported on the news websites shortly before I had dinner that there were four people on board, plus the driver. Everybody's safe. The driver pulled over when he saw smoke coming out the rear according to the news.

4 hours ago, MCI102A3 said:

Hot 93.5 posted a couple pics on their FB page, showing what looks like a Gen-3 Nova burned to a crisp in Capreol. Back end and midship is toast, while the front end is barely touched. Safe to say she's a total loss.

The unit that had been completely burnt in the fire was a 2011 NovaBus LFS #817.

Well, I went down to the old Garge on Frobisher road and saw that the city is scraping The Orion VI's. I will post pictures of them later.

Okay so another NovaBus LFS catches fire in Sudbury however this is the second time this year a bus had caught fire.

IMG_3120.PNG

On 10/7/2016 at 11:59 AM, GRT 2610 said:

Okay so another NovaBus LFS catches fire in Sudbury however this is the second time this year a bus had caught fire.

IMG_3120.PNG

Ah crap that's another Nova here in Sudbury, like jeez are they trying to get us not to take a bus or something like that.

Observed Novas 971 and 974 on a flatbed in the west end of Oakville on Friday afternoon. Don't know where they were heading.

3 hours ago, Robert Lubinski said:

Observed Novas 971 and 974 on a flatbed in the west end of Oakville on Friday afternoon. Don't know where they were heading.

Possibly the scrapyard? If not then I'm not sure where.

They were both auctioned off on GovDeals back in October. The winning bidder for both listings is under the same account.

971: https://www.govdeals.ca/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=71&acctid=6958 

974: https://www.govdeals.ca/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=72&acctid=6958

4 hours ago, Robert Lubinski said:

MTB maybe?

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:58 PM, TheAverageJoe said:

That would be Milton

The truck was turning south onto Third Line from Upper Middle so possibly the scrap yard on Bronte Rd ?

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, Robert Lubinski said:

The truck was turning south onto Third Line from Upper Middle so possibly the scrap yard on Bronte Rd ?

could very well be unless one of the area truck dealers bought it for resale.

17 minutes ago, TheAverageJoe said:

could very well be unless one of the area truck dealers bought it for resale.

I highly doubt that by its given condition from the photos on GovDeals. They were pretty stripped and trashed... 

Someone take a train ride and see if it's in the yard...

2 hours ago, noahrp24 said:

I highly doubt that by its given condition from the photos on GovDeals. They were pretty stripped and trashed... 

Someone take a train ride and see if it's in the yard...

If it is stripped as I never seen the photos it is for sure going to the scrap yard