Langley to Chilliwack by bus

Canadian Lover

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2013/10/fraser-valley-express-bus/

The Fraser Valley Regional District has recently approved a new express bus along Highway 1. It will run Chilliwack to Carvolth Exchange in Langley. It will finally give commuters from Chilliwack another option and it does help UFV students commute between campuses

I would like to see the execs at Trsnslink cut their salaries and use the money to build more infrastructure. It's good to see BC transit taking initiative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, it is good to see BC Transit taking the initiative to connect the Fraser Valley to the rest of the world, even if it is ten-years too late.

This makes me want to speculate what types of buses we can expect to run on it. Also, where will the buses call at? Will there be highway stops and new exchanges at these stops in Abbotsford and Chilliwack, or will it just use the already-built exchanges?

My proposal in addition to this is for a local service to terminate at Carvolth from Bourquin, running through Bradner and Fort Langley as such: Carvolth-Bourquin - given the rural nature of the roads it could be operated with a Community Shuttle - either TL or BCT could run it.

Nothing runs along there to date... it could even take a detour and serve the Vancouver Zoo if the route isn't 'long' enough as it is. XD

Looking forward to being able to ride to Chilliwack from Vancouver too, and not to mention seeing the buses terminating together at the newly built Carvolth Exchange.

I agree, it is good to see BC Transit taking the initiative to connect the Fraser Valley to the rest of the world, even if it is ten-years too late.

This makes me want to speculate what types of buses we can expect to run on it. Also, where will the buses call at? Will there be highway stops and new exchanges at these stops in Abbotsford and Chilliwack, or will it just use the already-built exchanges?

I think the buses that will operate on it the route should be D4500 of some type but most likely in my opinion are Nova Bus LFS Suburban. I think Abbotsford will get it because it is in the middle of the route. For exchanges, newly built exchanges near the freeway. I wonder how the Carvolth exchange will look when the new route starts. I hope they improve the service in the future. How much will it cost to ride? Where there been weekend service on the route?

Edited by Awesome cheese

• 3 weeks later...

Read about that last month, but saw this statement for the first time….

"I don't hear taxpayers clamouring for this service,"

That about sums it up. These are the same dinosaurs that dumped manure into a homeless camp and only voted down the P3 water project after an overwhelming number of citizens voiced their discontent. Public transportation is a mere accessory, and not a priority in their eyes...

• 1 month later...

They already approved it in January bud. http://www.abbynews.com/news/240124111.html?mobile=true

And please enlighten on why you hope they weren't going to approve it? im sure the citizens of chilliwack and abbotsford are happy to be getting it. Better than having to rely on greyhound to commute in and or have no choice at all for some who don't drive.

And please enlighten on why you hope they weren't going to approve it? im sure the citizens of chilliwack and abbotsford are happy to be getting it. Better than having to rely on greyhound to commute in and or have no choice at all for some who don't drive.
Because people do not need to depend on cars.

Honestly it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks (sorry, bad Vulcan-like humor)

Cheese, you might wanna brush up on your English. Just sayin' ;-)

"Hopefully they are stupid and cancel the route again" - should be "Hopefully they aren't stupid and cancel the route again"

This is the cause of the confusion, methinks

Anyways as said, it doesn't really matter as the motion has passed. Now we can start the fun speculations about what will be running on Hwy 1 east of Carvolth in just nine months' time

Do people not read. i said "do not" which means the same as don't.

That is not the source of the confusion. Your initial post pertaining to the vote had conflicting wording. You need to put more effort into making legible posts as many of them lack clarity and organized thought. It also isn't proper of you to be criticizing everyone else for your shortcomings; just because something (i.e. your posts) makes sense to you, does not mean that it makes sense to everyone else.

That is not the source of the confusion. Your initial post pertaining to the vote had conflicting wording. You need to put more effort into making legible posts as many of them lack clarity and organized thought. It also isn't proper of you to be criticizing everyone else for your shortcomings; just because something (i.e. your posts) makes sense to you, does not mean that it makes sense to everyone else.

+1

• 6 months later...

Wonder if the eastbound ramps at 202 Street and Highway 1 will be open. Hope the service doesn't have to detour around to 200 Street to loop back to Carvolth.

Oh wait, that's what the plan shows. Missed opportunity to save probably 5 minutes on your trip time.

Hey maybe their doing what TransLink did with the 555 service change keeping that part secret. I was excepting it only to work in peak periods but schedule seems really not that bad with midday and Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...