vicinity

D40LF repaint / refurbishing tracking

7753 is almost ready for the road again after having something come through the floor a few weeks back. It is redone and in the 3 stripe livery.

Not sure I'd really consider 7753 a refurbishment - I think it's more of a major repair. I wouldn't expect the livery to change in that situation

Not sure I'd really consider 7753 a refurbishment - I think it's more of a major repair. I wouldn't expect the livery to change in that situation

Correct. And I did not say it 7753 was a refurbishment. But yes, I did post it in this thread, but I decided not to start a new thread for one bus.

Plus it doesn't have the rebuilt style of floor or any body work done to it

Those are fresh panels below the windows on 7753 with fresh paint/decals.

Those are fresh panels below the windows on 7753 with fresh paint/decals.

Not to mention the.....7??... new windows and new windshields :P

Not to mention the.....7??... new windows and new windshields :P

Windshields for sure - they might've been able to salvage a few of the side windows, bend them back into shape. :)

7767 has arrived at VP in the new red livery with a bike rack. Also, I suspect this one was either at Big Rig or out in Ontario for the refurbishing as I can tell that it was more than likely flat bedded to VP as there is a lot of road grime on the front of the bus. Photos later when I get home.

They may repaint the rest of the refurbs, but the refurbs that were redone into the older 3 stripe livery will probably never see the new livery before retirement, but it is possible, I just kind of doubt it.

Kind of like Winnipegs D40s, in a way?

Just wondering, I noticed the electronic signs in the front are incredibly hard to see. I remember the rear destination signs being easy to see and read though. Will any of these buse's see newer Luminator signs?