Donnelly Transit Inc.

G.A

• 7 months later...
44 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

What are they using dor the service??

The ones that I've seen are Ford or GM built vehicles. Im not very good recognizing the exact models, but didn't see anything special- just some ARBOCs and other similar vehicles. I should add I'm not good at identifying the exact models. A few looked brand new with a special UWO wrap and a destination sign

2 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

The ones that I've seen are Ford or GM built vehicles. Im not very good recognizing the exact models, but didn't see anything special- just some ARBOCs and other similar vehicles. I should add I'm not good at identifying the exact models. A few looked brand new with a special UWO wrap and a destination sign

omg......................

On 9/7/2016 at 7:48 AM, Seashore_518203 said:

The Orion VI buses were on Kijiji a while ago. I do not know what the result was.

omg so sad that they repainted them not too long ago.............luckily got some shots on them but I missed the Blue Bird......................

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New vehicles on the route;

16226 - 16229

2016 Ford F550 Chasis with the 6.8L V-10, with Glaval Entourage bodys.

226 & 228 wrapped the same, 227 & 229 wrapped the same.

2012 Ford E450 Chasis with V-8. Starcraft MVP or AllStar body (?)

2009 Ford E450 Chasis with V-8. Elkhart Coach

45 minutes ago, yrt1000 said:

The only remnants of Donnelly in London seems to be some sort of medical transport. I've seen a few wheelchair-accessible vans driving around with their name on it. 

By the sounds of things, they won't be out much longer either. J Donnelly was in court this week over bankruptcy proceedings for both of his companies. Between cox cabs (sold this month and rebranded "your taxi"), and Donnelly Transit, LFPress saying he is in the neighbourhood of 1.3 million in debt. I've heard Voyageur was also very recently awarded the contract for the on campus accessible transit for UWO/Kings/Brescia.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

The only remnants of Donnelly in London seems to be some sort of medical transport. I've seen a few wheelchair-accessible vans driving around with their name on it. 

Western Access was the name. It was the mobility service that was used in the Donnelly fleet.

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2017 at 4:33 PM, JCWhite said:

New vehicles on the route;

16226 - 16229

2016 Ford F550 Chasis with the 6.8L V-10, with Glaval Entourage bodys.

226 & 228 wrapped the same, 227 & 229 wrapped the same.

2012 Ford E450 Chasis with V-8. Starcraft MVP or AllStar body (?)

2009 Ford E450 Chasis with V-8. Elkhart Coach

Not sure if anyone has seen this recently who has the ability to update the info page in the database. Here's some photo's of the units.

Saw on the data base "Not sure if any Donnelley Transit vehicles were kept or not", Voyageur did not purchase any from Donnelley during the transition of operators, they took from their Charter fleet (0910, 1249), and bought new (1622*). All vehicles were outfitted with Axion Technologies message boards when they entered the Kings Brescia service.

1249 is the Starcraft Allstar, with the 5.4L v-8 Gas

0910 is an Elkhart Coach ECII, with 5.4L v-8 Gas

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0156.jpg

0910.jpg

IMG_0098.JPG

9 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

Voyageur Transportation Services also took over the contract for St. Thomas Transit. Their legal lettering is now on the side of St. Thomas Transit buses.

Did they keep the existing St Thomas buses, or are they using their own like the Kings/Brescia shuttles?

25 minutes ago, Articulated said:

Did they keep the existing St Thomas buses, or are they using their own like the Kings/Brescia shuttles?

If what the driver I talked to a while back was correct, the municipality of St. Thomas maintains ownership of the vehicles, and has only contracted Voyageur to operate the service/basic maintenance of the fleet. So it still should be the same vehicles that have been operating for a while.

• Like 2

On 2017-04-11 at 2:35 AM, JCWhite said:

Not sure if anyone has seen this recently who has the ability to update the info page in the database. Here's some photo's of the units.

Saw on the data base "Not sure if any Donnelley Transit vehicles were kept or not", Voyageur did not purchase any from Donnelley during the transition of operators, they took from their Charter fleet (0910, 1249), and bought new (1622*). All vehicles were outfitted with Axion Technologies message boards when they entered the Kings Brescia service.

1249 is the Starcraft Allstar, with the 5.4L v-8 Gas

0910 is an Elkhart Coach ECII, with 5.4L v-8 Gas

Updated. Thanks!

• 8 months later...

Not exactly related to this thread, but somewhat relevant to this thread. 

Was out visiting a buddy who drives in their transit system. Due to the reliability of the 15## series that they had from Crestline, the service took delivery of 4 new 2017 Arboc Spirit of Mobility buses the second week of December. Drivers seam to be quite happy to be getting rid of the 15##, and all the problems that went along with them. They still have 3 of them in active service, one has been retired early due to a electrical/damaged frame issue (believe it’s 1502). 

The new busses follow similar numbering TR1701 to 1704. They have The GM v-8 gas engine in them.