Sign in to follow this  
ABQ RIDE

What does a BAe HybriDrive gear selector look like?

I was wondering, does anyone know what does a BAe HybriDrive gear selector look like, or does anyone have any photos of one?

I know Allison is easily identifiable with its electronic gear selector with a red LED or green VFD indicator. ZF uses illuminated white mechanical buttons (except N which is red) with black letters, while Voith uses black mechanical buttons with illuminated white letters (except N which is red, again). What does the BAe HybriDrive gear selector look like?

I was wondering, does anyone know what does a BAe HybriDrive gear selector look like, or does anyone have any photos of one?

I know Allison is easily identifiable with its electronic gear selector with a red LED or green VFD indicator. ZF uses illuminated white mechanical buttons (except N which is red) with black letters, while Voith uses black mechanical buttons with illuminated white letters (except N which is red, again). What does the BAe HybriDrive gear selector look like?

BAE uses the ZF gear selector in R - N - D configuration.

Like SillyTilley replied, it's a ZF gear selector, (sorry I didn't have/or took a better pic) but just had R-N-D.

2004 MTA Orion VII HEV

null_zps37820104.jpg

(Right of Master W/C keyslot, left of Master switch)

Interestingly, I learned that the ZF EcoLife uses black mechanical buttons with illuminated white letters similar to Voith, except with a blue N button rather than a black button with a red N.

After a ride on TTC's latest NovaBus hybrids, I would like to add on to this thread by remarking here that the latest-generation HybriDrive technology employs a shift selector resembling the Allison push-button type, with a two-digit 16-segment red LED display. It has the R, N, and D buttons in the usual places, but no arrow or mode buttons beside them. I understand the arrow buttons are redundant since there is no gear shifting (hence the drive indication is DD instead of the current gear), but if there are no extra buttons, I suppose prognostics and diagnostics remain under a non-user-accessible domain - something that is clearly possible with Allison with a full publicly-accessible YouTube video to show for it.

• Thanks 1