Remaining GM Classic's

M. Parsons

Cornwall Transit still has 8558 in service, a 1985 TC40-102N that is ex-STCUQ. They've been retiring some of their 1991 MCIs but want to keep the GM around a while longer.

All 1991 Classic's have been pulled from Cornwall Transit.

Peterborough Transit has bus #14 in service.

Eastway has loaners; 401 & 402 (1984)

801 & 802 (1987)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the bump. Just thought I would update this with the following:

Saskatoon 407 has been retired, and ex-Lethbridge 128 has presumably been scrapped

Update. No more GM Classics are operating in Saskatoon, and in all of Saskatchewan. 405 (last remaining unit) was retired in September.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2015-08-12 at 9:38 PM, Shaun said:

How popular was it to have a 50 series in a classic?

Not really popular, and for a good reason. The S50 ones seemed to have a lot more electrical problems than the 6V92TA ones, which were just fine by the way. Plus they seemed to corrode more, although that could have just been NovaBus cheaping out starting in 1995. They should have kept the 6V92TA/VR731 along with the S50 ones so transit agencies could still have a choice to pick a 6V92 to avoid problems. As far as I know, STO had 1996-1997 Classics, and they were retired in 2012-2014. A few others also had them. BTW, they should have kept the same quality of production as the GM/MCI and earlier NovaBuses. Sorry if I went off topic here.

58 minutes ago, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

Not really popular, and for a good reason. The S50 ones seemed to have a lot more electrical problems than the 6V92TA ones, which were just fine by the way. Plus they seemed to corrode more, although that could have just been NovaBus cheaping out starting in 1995. They should have kept the 6V92TA/VR731 along with the S50 ones so transit agencies could still have a choice to pick a 6V92 to avoid problems. As far as I know, STO had 1996-1997 Classics, and they were retired in 2012-2014. A few others also had them. BTW, they should have kept the same quality of production as the GM/MCI and earlier NovaBuses. Sorry if I went off topic here.

I believe the 6V92TA engine was discontinued in 1995.

20 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Where the S50 classics Fast?  I'm sure the frame is lighter than an Orion V or VII.

Yes they were fast on the highway, matter of fact the STO 96 Classics were built for the highway.