Sign in to follow this  
TheAverageJoe

Swift Current

They picked up 2 used D30LF's from TSI in Riverside CA , 2 Arbocs (1 ex demo and 1 brand new) also a SLF 200 from Timmins transit. Also new fixed routes coming next year. This is all posted in the current issue of CTHF's Bulletin

Would it really be too much trouble to spell out what TSI stands for, for those of us on the board who have no idea?

(I happen to be aware the company being referred to is Transit Sales International. At least, I think.)

Would it really be too much trouble to spell out what TSI stands for, for those of us on the board who have no idea?

(I happen to be aware the company being referred to is Transit Sales International. At least, I think.)

Just wondering, I saw a place like that online... does it also have ex-LACMTA D30LFs, and assorted D40s, Orion V's and maybe the spare RTS? Maybe I'm thinking the same place as referred to.

Either way, great news for Swift Current!!! Could definitely use some form of fixed-route transit. Would there happen to be a link to the possible routes, or a City Council/Clerks/Executive Policy Comittee report I could look over?

Just wondering, I saw a place like that online... does it also have ex-LACMTA D30LFs, and assorted D40s, Orion V's and maybe the spare RTS? Maybe I'm thinking the same place as referred to.

Either way, great news for Swift Current!!! Could definitely use some form of fixed-route transit. Would there happen to be a link to the possible routes, or a City Council/Clerks/Executive Policy Comittee report I could look over?

Transit Sales International is a broker/dealer that sells/leases/rents/repairs used buses based out of Riverside CA.

Riverside, CA as in California? Wow that is a long way for a bus to travel...

There was a NCTD (North County Transit District) Xcelisor from NoCal, and two Long Beach Transit buses (GE40LF and GE40LFA) that travelled from California to Winnipeg on their own, for R&D related work at the NFI facility. I would honestly not be surprised if buses from the southern US popped up here!! I also remember hearing of 5034 (Missisauga Transit GM-Artic) that ended up in Scott Richards collection, just outside of Riverside. I sure hope he recovers from his latest illness... :(

OC Transpo D60LFs were driven to Riverside, CA. If those can make it, anything can....

Talking about the Oc transpo arctics, are still they for sale? Or have some already been scrapped?

anyone has seen the two used D30LF and the SLF in service in Swift Current so far? Any pictures? Thank you

According to a very good source, the fixed route service for Swift Current has been put off until sometime in 2015. The Thomas SLF that was purchased used failed a Saskatchewan DOT inspection and is in storage. It may never see service as it was only intended to be a backup bus anyways.

The D30LF buses are apparently still in California. It is not known when they will be delivered as there is no hurry due to the delay in starting the system.

The Dial-a-bus service is currently still operating and uses 2 Arboc cutaways.

According to a very good source, the fixed route service for Swift Current has been put off until sometime in 2015. The Thomas SLF that was purchased used failed a Saskatchewan DOT inspection and is in storage. It may never see service as it was only intended to be a backup bus anyways.

The D30LF buses are apparently still in California. It is not known when they will be delivered as there is no hurry due to the delay in starting the system.

The Dial-a-bus service is currently still operating and uses 2 Arboc cutaways.

very interesting, thank you very much for the update~~

. The Thomas SLF that was purchased used failed a Saskatchewan DOT inspection and is in storage. It may never see service as it was only intended to be a backup bus anyways.

Not shocked as the other ex Timmins SLF are being parted out or being sold for scrap