OC Transpo 8238

Peterborough Transit

there are still 7 classics and one orion 5 left in the fleet so we should be good.

You said that #04 was retired. Isn't #04 the orion v? Or was there a classic numbered #04 as well?

ADB   

The City of Peterborough has an RFP out for the supply and delivery of an automatic fare collection system for Peterborough Transit.

Details

The City of Peterborough has an RFP out for the supply and delivery of an automatic fare collection system for Peterborough Transit.

Details

Heh, I guess those Cubic farebox are now outdated and difficulty for parts to get.

AlexLy   
thought id share this with everyone

IMG_0267.jpg

Thanks for sharing! :P

A roll destination curtain. Seriously??? Oh well.... thanks for sharing!

Yup, but the newer LFS' have a normal Destination sign. :(

A roll destination curtain. Seriously??? Oh well.... thanks for sharing!

Same with Elliot Transit.

But Peterborough will be planning to retrofit to electronic sign sometimes next year.

YRT-Guy   
this video might shock you (only there for a limited time):

http://www.chextv.com/videos/Newswatch_Pet...oughTransit.WMV

did anyone happen to save this video? I just noticed this now and archive.org isn't working right now for some reason to see if they managed to archive it, and it doesn't appear to be on their youtube page.

Kit Kat   

But Peterborough will be planning to retrofit to electronic sign sometimes next year.

They have one retrofitted already and plan to hopefully do the rest this fall.

D40LF   

Just got back from Peterborough (as usual the staff are friendly). Saw several LFS with roll signs.

Went to the garage and pretty much all the Classics, and Orion V and VIs are parked in two rows on the south side. Only saw LFS's in service.

I believe weekends usually only have Novas... the weekdays are when the Orion V, VII and classics are out. I also might be able to get my hands on a peterborough front and sign sign soon im excited <_<

Marc   
I believe weekends usually only have Novas... the weekdays are when the Orion V, VII and classics are out. I also might be able to get my hands on a peterborough front and sign sign soon im excited <_<

Yes they can be heard roaring down Reid Street as they do the Trent runs over the weekends though they can occasionally be found on the Flemming Express or filling in on regular city routes.

Though the fate of Transit in Peterborough is a concern for some at the moment. We now have a Mayor who's heavily involved with the local transport industry owning a taxi company and the local Greyhound franchinse (so was less than impressed with Go Transit arrived in the city). One rumour doing the rounds is that he will push to have the handi van service (which competes directly with the mayor's accesssible cabs) for disabled riders ended at 6pm. Having a wife who's disabled as well as friends this is a major concern. We know that there are serious issues with the operation of the handivans (have to book a week in advance for one) but we could either be looking at a loss of serivces or an increase in price. Use of the taxis becomes very expsenive when a trip to Lansdowne Place and return costs $26 in total.

We also have at least one concillor who's made noise about low patronage on the buses over the weekend so between him and new mayor we could face service cuts.

Yes they can be heard roaring down Reid Street as they do the Trent runs over the weekends though they can occasionally be found on the Flemming Express or filling in on regular city routes.

Though the fate of Transit in Peterborough is a concern for some at the moment. We now have a Mayor who's heavily involved with the local transport industry owning a taxi company and the local Greyhound franchinse (so was less than impressed with Go Transit arrived in the city). One rumour doing the rounds is that he will push to have the handi van service (which competes directly with the mayor's accesssible cabs) for disabled riders ended at 6pm. Having a wife who's disabled as well as friends this is a major concern. We know that there are serious issues with the operation of the handivans (have to book a week in advance for one) but we could either be looking at a loss of serivces or an increase in price. Use of the taxis becomes very expsenive when a trip to Lansdowne Place and return costs $26 in total.

We also have at least one concillor who's made noise about low patronage on the buses over the weekend so between him and new mayor we could face service cuts.

Trust me... i used to work for the bastard with Capitol Taxi driving the handivan. I feel like we r going to be screwed. As soon as he became mayor i knew this city was screwed

D40LF   

Well I was there on Friday, and every Classic, Orion V, and Orion VII was parked. Saw so many Nova's it made my head spin!!!

Kit Kat   
They have one retrofitted already and plan to hopefully do the rest this fall.

Updated on the Luminator retrofit: The Project has been bumped to the spring pending funding.

Yes they can be heard roaring down Reid Street as they do the Trent runs over the weekends though they can occasionally be found on the Flemming Express or filling in

on regular city routes.

Classics are used on the weekends still? Thats odd.

Regular Service:

Routes 1 to 5 and 8-12 all use one scheduled bus each.

Routes 6 and 7 all use 2 scheduled buses.

East Bank Trent uses 2 scheduled buses.

West Bank Trent uses 2 scheduled buses.

18 buses are needed for all day regular service. With 28 Novas in the fleet that's usually what you will see all day everyday. The odd Orion 6 might make it onto the 1-12 routes but I have not seen a highfloor on the 1-12 regular service in ages. Lowfloors are usually assigned to the all day runs for the east/west bank but the highfloors will be out there aswell mostly for rush hour extras.

Rush hour extras:

East Bank Trent has morning and afternoon rush hour extras. (Dont know the number)

West Bank Trent has morning and afternoon rush hour extras. (Don't know the number)

Fleming Express uses 1 scheduled bus.

Technology Drive Express uses 1 scheduled bus.

The AM/PM rush hour extras are a mix of everything the fleet has depending on what is available for service at the garage.

The fleet consists of:

28 Nova

3 Orion VI

1 Orion V

7 MCI Classics.

I also might be able to get my hands on a peterborough front and sign sign soon im excited <_<

Congrats to you. But, I would not say that out loud as there is a bunch of us who have been trying for ages to get rollsigns from Peterborough Transit.

Its not hard. if u wanna know where id tell ya lol and i have to correct u on how many scheduled buses there are on routes 1-12...every route except 6 SSFC/Kawartha and 7 Lansdowne...those 2 routes have 2 buses because the route is so long. when one leaves downtown the other leaves fleming. the route is 2 long to cover with one bus so thats why 6 and 7 have 2 buses

Kit Kat   
Its not hard. if u wanna know where id tell ya lol

Let me know VIA pm, I know where the retired buses are unless the scrap yard got them?

i have to correct u on how many scheduled buses there are on routes 1-12...every route except 6 SSFC/Kawartha and 7 Lansdowne...those 2 routes have 2 buses because the route is so long. when one leaves downtown the other leaves fleming. the route is 2 long to cover with one bus so thats why 6 and 7 have 2 buses

Thank you for the info. I edited my post above reflecting what you said.

The "TRENT WEST BANK" route had at least 4 different buses on it last Thursday morning including an Orion VI. The "FLEMING EXPRESS" and "TECHNOLOGY DRIVE EXPRESS" were Classics that morning.