OC Transpo 8238

Peterborough Transit

is there going to be any changes coming to Peterborough Transit?

They have changed some of the routes around a little bit, the Major Bennet does not goto sir sandford fleming anymore, and only one bus route now goes to Wal-Mart. and the pick up point for the Flemming Exspress has changed on simco street.

and they transit department has had its budget cut. Also I was reading in the paper they where talking about getting around 500,000 dollars from the provice for Transit

i knew those changes from the map and walking to the downtown terminal about the fleming express...i meant are they going to eventually extend service into late evening example after midnight and add holiday service?

i knew those changes from the map and walking to the downtown terminal about the fleming express...i meant are they going to eventually extend service into late evening example after midnight and add holiday service?

I have no clue, people been asking for that for ages, and with the recent buget cuts I think its not going to be happening soon.

It would be nice if they had some high freqancy routes tho, a bus that comes every 20 minutes that runs in the busyer areas. again wont probably happen.

BTW I saw one of the Orions on the road yesterday, it was running on the trent express route

Peterborough should have their 3rd gen Nova LFS buses on property. I've herd 4 units for the 2009 batch.

I will be making a trip to Peterborough on Thursday to get some shots.

GM Classics #14, #16 and MCI Classics #02, #04 will be retired as soon as the 4 Novas his the road.

Peterborough should have their 3rd gen Nova LFS buses on property. I've herd 4 units for the 2009 batch.

I will be making a trip to Peterborough on Thursday to get some shots.

GM Classics #14, #16 and MCI Classics #02, #04 will be retired as soon as the 4 Novas his the road.

Retire the Orion VI's instead the classics are good buses.

Retire the Orion VI's instead the classics are good buses.

There are life expecation left on the VI, so retiring the Classic do make sense as they are non accessible fleet.

Also didnt the city buy 7 new classics a few years ago.

Yup, them plus the lone Orion 5 will be safe for now.

The new buses could be sitting in storage.

I've been told that they expect to see them 2 weeks.. but that could change since i've herd they are having floor issues at Nova Bus.

No 3rd gen. are on the road as I went there tonight. But they are sitting in the back, interesting to see they have a white painted on the tailight housing rather than red that camed with it!

No 3rd gen. are on the road as I went there tonight. But they are sitting in the back, interesting to see they have a white painted on the tailight housing rather than red that camed with it!

They are now in service and there seem to be 3 of them 52,53,54.

One was going the SSFC/Kawartha, another the Major Bennett and didn't catch which run the 3rd was doing.

does anyone know what officially happened to 51 to get it not to back up or go forward was it the tranny

We really don't know, unless you can ask the supervisor!

New buses will have breakdown as always!

Took a trip to Peterborough today and here is the scoop:

3 out of the 4 3rd gen novas were on the road. crappy photos posted below.

GM Classics #14, #16 and MCI Classics #02, #04 are all retired

Only 8 high floors remaining in the fleet.

Wiki is updated.

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=P...borough_Transit

F***! There goes our charter bus!