Peterborough Transit

OC Transpo 8238

Um, what year? Cause last time I saw their buses they have ZF, which was their 2007 model.

None of their today's LFS have Allison in Quebec, you either pay it up for option or stick to their standard specs.

It is on theirs Novabus L.F.S. 2009, #09-81.

• 3 weeks later...
So far no one has posted any of their photo on their website, only board members have the photos in their hands.

I was camping near Peterborough last week. When we went to lunch there, I saw an LFS with a Horizon sign but couldn't get a picture because I didn't have a camera on me.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey all, looked through the boards a little but wasn't sure where to find this information. Was through Peterborough this week and was wondering what those little thingies were on the top left corner of the roof of the buses.

I dunno, my guess is a GPS device

Good thing I tapped Peterborough last year and got those buses in service. Aren't they keeping 3 fishbowls as reserves or did they just scrap all of them?

I think they are getting rid of all the fishbowls sadly, I remember they had atleat 1 or 2 of the Orion 1's around back in 2007:(.. i think they mite be using the MCI and Orion VI and V buses for reserves,

I have only seen the LSF's on the road since they got the new order, I have saw 1 or 2 MCI buses on the road since then. I only have seen the Orion VI's where they store the bus's, also the Fire Department has one of the Orion V.

I will have to goto the bus storage hanger and try to take a look at what buses they have stored in there, to see if they are keeping any of the fishbowls

what happened with the ElDorado EZ Riders, they only used them for a few months. I herd they stoped using them because they where to small.

One word: Garbage!

Driver hates the bouciness on the ride, mechanics hates it because of high maintenance!

is there going to be any changes coming to Peterborough Transit?

They have changed some of the routes around a little bit, the Major Bennet does not goto sir sandford fleming anymore, and only one bus route now goes to Wal-Mart. and the pick up point for the Flemming Exspress has changed on simco street.

and they transit department has had its budget cut. Also I was reading in the paper they where talking about getting around 500,000 dollars from the provice for Transit

i knew those changes from the map and walking to the downtown terminal about the fleming express...i meant are they going to eventually extend service into late evening example after midnight and add holiday service?

I have no clue, people been asking for that for ages, and with the recent buget cuts I think its not going to be happening soon.

It would be nice if they had some high freqancy routes tho, a bus that comes every 20 minutes that runs in the busyer areas. again wont probably happen.

BTW I saw one of the Orions on the road yesterday, it was running on the trent express route

• 3 weeks later...
Peterborough should have their 3rd gen Nova LFS buses on property. I've herd 4 units for the 2009 batch.

I will be making a trip to Peterborough on Thursday to get some shots.

GM Classics #14, #16 and MCI Classics #02, #04 will be retired as soon as the 4 Novas his the road.

Retire the Orion VI's instead the classics are good buses.

• 2 weeks later...