Sign in to follow this  
Tom1122

Edmonton's historic buses

I'm going to be in Edmonton September 15-16; my first visit since the Trolley and fishbowl eras ended. I know they have some historic buses in a garage, but would it be possible for me to get access to it when I'm there?

Possibly - a driver could likely get you into there however I'm not sure how many of them monitor the board.

Bus Lounge on Facebook - I know of a few ETS operators on there that aren't on the board to my knowledge, including an St. Albert operator too apparently! Not a bad place to check - to get their attention, just post a pic of a bus! Tried text posts and they usually get ignored, so pictures are best bets.

Bus Lounge on Facebook - I know of a few ETS operators on there that aren't on the board to my knowledge, including an St. Albert operator too apparently! Not a bad place to check - to get their attention, just post a pic of a bus! Tried text posts and they usually get ignored, so pictures are best bets.

Face Book is more well known to the general populous than CPTDB is.

Here are a few photos of Edmonton Transit #22 when it was owned by Ken Baker. These photos were taken shortly after he had body and paint job work done to it. She is a very nice bus to drive!

Here are a few photos of Edmonton Transit #22 when it was owned by Ken Baker. These photos were taken shortly after he had body and paint job work done to it. She is a very nice bus to drive!

Edit: Added a couple more photos from December 31, 2006.

240106-0363ets22.jpg

240106-0378ets22.jpg

311206-0422ets22.jpg

311206-0424ets22.jpg

Hmmmm. They drove it up from Centennial, and when she left City Hall it was under her own power with the tow truck following. Maybe another move later on. I was concerned with #5 being operated in rush hour traffic, presumably via 109 St/ 111 St to Centennial. Good to hear #5 made it home safe and sound. Would have been a sight to see it pull into Westwood among a ton New Flyer's.

Also don't forget that there are some jimmy busses on the yellow head I think?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Oh really? Do you mind telling us where exactly they are and how they have any relation whatsoever to the ETS historical fleet?

Hmmmm. They drove it up from Centennial, and when she left City Hall it was under her own power with the tow truck following. Maybe another move later on. I was concerned with #5 being operated in rush hour traffic, presumably via 109 St/ 111 St to Centennial. Good to hear #5 made it home safe and sound. Would have been a sight to see it pull into Westwood among a ton New Flyer's.

It made it back to Centennial a few weeks ago.

There are buses at A1 salvage but that's not even close to being part of the historic fleet. Oh and that's not on Yellowhead either. That's highway 16A which is also Stony Plain road.