1996 Orion V retirements

Bus_Medic

Not really, considering there are still a few running around. By saying they're "done" at this point in time is simply untrue. "Done" implies that all the Vs have been retired.

ok let me rephrase "after these novas enter service those Vs are done"

I suggest anyone to take their final pictures this week. Hopefully they'll be out next week but it's a new board that has eliminated HF buses. Tomorrow could possibly be the last day if it's not the end of the month.

It seems like Wilson has been in a hurry to retire the V's over the last two months, probably to make it in time for that new board you mentioned.

just like the 1996 diesel orion v, if any of them requires major repair, the ex-cng orion v will be done.

I think at this point even a minor repair will cause a 9400 to be withdrawn from service. And perhaps no more oil changes for them.

I suggest anyone to take their final pictures this week. Hopefully they'll be out next week but it's a new board that has eliminated HF buses. Tomorrow could possibly be the last day if it's not the end of the month.

From Brad Ross, he said that they will last til December and they will inform everyone a few days before it happens

Proof of this: http://prntscr.com/950vka

Interesting. Given the miniature size of the fleet at this point I'd have expected them to just pull them all out of service in one fell swoop this evening like they did with 7013 and 7123. Mind, if this proves to be true that is excellent news.

From Brad Ross, he said that they will last til December and they will inform everyone a few days before it happens

Proof of this: http://prntscr.com/950vka

So Brad Ross has the power to let some 9400's stay in service even though the new board doesn't include high floor buses? Well then, I hope they last until Christmas Eve!

What do they mean issue something a few days before? Like an advisory on the website?

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Probably via Twitter. If he's true to his word.

He doesn't have the power, he is presumably passing on knowledge from the bus department.

The last day of the H4, H5 and H6 have all been announced on Twitter, so the same is likely to be true here.

He doesn't have the power, he is presumably passing on knowledge from the bus department.

The last day of the H4, H5 and H6 have all been announced on Twitter, so the same is likely to be true here.

It would be nice if one of the last 9400's was 9413, like the counterpart of 7013.

Christmas Eve, please? ^_^

The last day of RTSes wasn't announced. They disappeared on a Wednesday instead of the end of the week.

Yea, I believe he will notify everyone about the retirement date. It's a milestone for the TTC this time. The entire bus fleet is 100% low floor. I just hope when that date comes that there will be more than one bus running so everyone won't be crammed on that one bus. I'm also hoping that the TTC would keep one or two units for the historic fleet as the last high floor buses for the TTC

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yea, I believe he will notify everyone about the retirement date. It's a milestone for the TTC this time. The entire bus fleet is 100% low floor. I just hope when that date comes that there will be more than one bus running so everyone won't be crammed on that one bus. I'm also hoping that the TTC would keep one or two units for the historic fleet as the last high floor buses for the TTC

I don't think the 9400s are in good condition. Their frame is probably deteriorating to the point that it's not worth keeping.

I don't think the 9400s are in good condition. Their frame is probably deteriorating to the point that it's not worth keeping.

Probably, it will depend on the money right. If they have the extra money they will have to rebuild the frame and the other components. But so far they still haven't gotten the 2 fishbowls done yet so I'm not too sure if they actually will save one

They are indeed viewable from the street, but they are parked all the way at the back of the property so a camera with good zoom is recommended. You'd take the 113 to get there, stop is 400 Danforth west of Birchmount.

In the Birchmount deadline: 9401, 9412, 9422, 9429, 9436, 9445

Thanks for the post and photos. Were there any TTC employees nearby when you took the photos? I'd be anxious of an operator or manager coming over to question me and telling me to leave asap. And do you have photos of the 7000s when they were stored at Birchmount?

Thanks for the post and photos. Were there any TTC employees nearby when you took the photos? I'd be anxious of an operator or manager coming over to question me and telling me to leave asap. And do you have photos of the 7000s when they were stored at Birchmount?

You know they can't do that if you're on the sidewalk. They can say what they want but not even the cops can arrest you.

Yea, don't be worried because as Xtrasteve already mentioned, you are on the sidewalk and photography is allowed as long as its not for commercial purposes. I have had drivers come up to me and say no pictures and I just stare at them and pretend that I don't understand english. But anyways, don't be scared to take photo when theres an employee around.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

I'm not going to advocate for pretending not to know English, but there's no reason any employees should come out if you stay on the street. I've been photoing deadlines for a long time now. Obviously don't trespass and photograph intelligently.

And yes, I have photoed the 7000s in the same place:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100607361@N06/14906370050/in/album-72157635704562683/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100607361@N06/14906443618/in/album-72157635704562683/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100607361@N06/14906441418/in/album-72157635704562683/