1996 Orion V retirements

Bus_Medic

No, it is valid for a whole years. However, it is TTC policy to renew MTO sticker every six months.

It's not TTC policy, it's an MTO regulation. The yellow sticker is the annual sticker and the orange sticker is the semi-annual inspection sticker.

Bus medic correct me if I'm wrong but the yellow is commercial vehicle yearly inspection but TTC prefers to inspect every 6 months.

All the info you need is here, straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/trucks/regulations/use-and-application-of-inspection-stickers.shtml

On buses the yellow sticker is only valid for 6 months unless accompanied by an orange semi-annual inspection sticker. The semi-annual inspection sticker does not include a more in-depth inspection of the brake system. I guess the TTC prefers to do that internal brake inspection every 6 months.

Mississauga uses the orange stickers, I always thought it was the standard for transit systems in Ontario.

All the info you need is here, straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/trucks/regulations/use-and-application-of-inspection-stickers.shtml

On buses the yellow sticker is only valid for 6 months unless accompanied by an orange semi-annual inspection sticker. The semi-annual inspection sticker does not include a more in-depth inspection of the brake system. I guess the TTC prefers to do that internal brake inspection every 6 months.

Mississauga uses the orange stickers, I always thought it was the standard for transit systems in Ontario.

We only have the yellow annual inspection stickers on our buses. Like the others have stated, they are replaced every six months, even though they are valid for a year.

Assuming Transee is to be trusted, 7013 and 7123 are the last two. I guess I'll make one (last?? <_< ) trek up to Scarborough Monday and see if I can get any pictures.

7123 for sure is still around. I saw it in person yesterday Probably it may be retired next week or so. I've seen that in the past weeks that after every weekend some buses don't show up on transee anymore and they are most likely retired. So if you want to go get them one last time try to do so today if you can.

We only have the yellow annual inspection stickers on our buses. Like the others have stated, they are replaced every six months, even though they are valid for a year.

If you're going to quote and reply to a post, at least take the time to read it. Everything was lined out in the post, nor did I dispute the fact that TTC buses only carry the yellow inspection sticker.

Once again, had you read my post or opened the link to the MTO's website that I provided, you would already know yellow MTO inspection stickers are only valid for 6 months on buses, unless accompanied by an Orange MTO semi-annual inspection sticker.

On any commercial vehicle in Ontario that isn't a bus, the yellow inspection sticker is valid for a year without the need of the semi-annual orange sticker.

Okay relax. I was just pointing out an observation of mine in regards to our fleet (considering I inspect the said sticker before taking a vehicle into service).

Other transit agencies in Ontario that I can think of that only have a yellow sticker are: Barrie Transit, Durham Region Transit, Guelph Transit, GO Transit, London Transit, Milton Transit, Oakville Transit, St. Catherines Transit, Welland Transit, Transit Windsor, and York Region Transit.

And those that I know to have carried both: Brampton Transit, Mississauga Transit and Burlington Transit.

Okay relax. I was just pointing out an observation of mine in regards to our fleet (considering I inspect the said sticker before taking a vehicle into service).

Other transit agencies in Ontario that I can think of that only have a yellow sticker are: Barrie Transit, Durham Region Transit, Guelph Transit, GO Transit, London Transit, Milton Transit, Oakville Transit, St. Catherines Transit, Welland Transit, Transit Windsor, and York Region Transit.

Add greyhound to your list.

7013 was out, by itself apparently, yesterday. I rode it for a bit. Over half the ads are gone, but the bus ran well and the interior looked decent otherwise. This morning Transsee showed only 7123 out. It's like were down to only one out at a time. Certainly getting down to the last days.

7013 was out, by itself apparently, yesterday. I rode it for a bit. Over half the ads are gone, but the bus ran well and the interior looked decent otherwise. This morning Transsee showed only 7123 out. It's like were down to only one out at a time. Certainly getting down to the last days.

7013 was out this morning.

If 7123 was out this morning, why does its schedule on Transsee currently read as 199_64_242? I thought the last digit in 242 meant it went into service in the afternoon. An error?

If 7123 was out this morning, why does its schedule on Transsee currently read as 199_64_242? I thought the last digit in 242 meant it went into service in the afternoon. An error?

Run 199_64_242 indicates that this run 64 enters service in the afternoon. 7123 may have been on a run in the morning that was only out for AM rush. 7123 would have finished its morning run, went back into the garage for the midday, and been reassigned to a new run for the PM rush. This is a very common practice/occurrence.

Run 199_64_242 indicates that this run 64 enters service in the afternoon. 7123 may have been on a run in the morning that was only out for AM rush. 7123 would have finished its morning run, went back into the garage for the midday, and been reassigned to a new run for the PM rush. This is a very common practice/occurrence.

By "new run" do you mean new route? And would its last digit in the third number have been 1 during the morning?

By "new run" do you mean new route? And would its last digit in the third number have been 1 during the morning?

It could mean a new route. Once a bus is finished its run and is parked in the garage, it's no longer associated with that route or run - it just becomes part of the supply again, like it is in the early morning. The dispatcher may assign it to any run/route that leaves the garage that afternoon.

About TTC runs: For some mysterious reasons, TTC assigns runs like 199_64_241 and 199_64_242. Both the 24th run out of the garage is known as 64 run even though they don't have anything in common. This is true for any high number runs even through the morning run might not do something special. I think it's something the TTC does to avoid a conflict of a 24 run and a 64 run on the schedules.

And if you're wondering, 1743 was assigned to 199_64_241 while 7123 was assigned to 199_64_242 today. 7123 was on 39_29_291 this morning.

It could mean a new route. Once a bus is finished its run and is parked in the garage, it's no longer associated with that route or run - it just becomes part of the supply again, like it is in the early morning. The dispatcher may assign it to any run/route that leaves the garage that afternoon.

And if you're wondering, 1743 was assigned to 199_64_241 while 7123 was assigned to 199_64_242 today. 7123 was on 39_29_291 this morning.

I understood am rush buses were recycled for the pm rush, but I thought they went back to the same route. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess it's more efficient that way.

This is true for any high number runs even through the morning run might not do something special.

What do you mean by "something special"?

Are the two of you TTC bus drivers? :)

Are the two of you TTC bus drivers? :)

No I am not.

According to the TTC fleet Wikipedia on the 70xx 71xx page it said will all be retired by February 15 2015? Can anyone confirm?

I can go onto the Wikipedia page right now and edit it to say they will retire on March 32, 2015. Anyone with a computer and an internet connection can edit a Wikipedia page, and the information does not have to be truthful. This is why pretty much any teacher will say that Wikipedia is not allowed as a reliable source for a project.