1996 Orion V retirements

Bus_Medic

Don't worry, I would never go past the fence surrounding Birchmount. I would just stay on the sidewalk. But I'm worried because of how TTC has increased security ever since the attacks in Paris and how they want people to report anything suspicious. Also, over the summer while I was about to take a photo of an Orion V at Finch station, an operator came up from behind me and barked out,"DO YOU HAVE PERMISSON TO TAKE PHOTOS?!" He totally caught me off guard, which is why I was speechless for a few seconds before I managed to say it wasn't for commercial use, but again he barked out the same thing before rushing off to use the washroom. I've become slightly more anxious when taking photos inside TTC stations and it doesn't help that I already have anxiety.

Thanks for the photo links T6A5.

Don't worry, I would never go past the fence surrounding Birchmount. I would just stay on the sidewalk. But I'm worried because of how TTC has increased security ever since the attacks in Paris and how they want people to report anything suspicious. Also, over the summer while I was about to take a photo of an Orion V at Finch station, an operator came up from behind me and barked out,"DO YOU HAVE PERMISSON TO TAKE PHOTOS?!" He totally caught me off guard, which is why I was speechless for a few seconds before I managed to say it wasn't for commercial use, but again he barked out the same thing before rushing off to use the washroom. I've become slightly more anxious when taking photos inside TTC stations and it doesn't help that I already have anxiety.

Thanks for the photo links T6A5.

I wouldn't recommend escalating the situation. It's just a waste of time to be an a stop argument over some pictures but no you don't need their permission to take photos of buses, trains and the employee him/herself in the stations. I can make a photo of you on public property and you can't stop me. Is it creepy? yes. Is it illegal? nope. Are we going to get in an argument? probably.

Common sense applies. Usually it's the supervisors that come after you, not the operators if you were to make photos at the station.

I wouldn't recommend escalating the situation. It's just a waste of time to be an a stop argument over some pictures but no you don't need their permission to take photos of buses, trains and the employee him/herself in the stations. I can make a photo of you on public property and you can't stop me. Is it creepy? yes. Is it illegal? nope. Are we going to get in an argument? probably.

Common sense applies. Usually it's the supervisors that come after you, not the operators if you were to make photos at the station.

Oh never mind my question. He wasn't going to listen to me anyway.

While I caution the use of TransSee/NextBus info and its use on here, may be beneficial for some to know that three V's were outside this morning around 7:00am on the system given the new board period. Two of them were on the 95 (Wilson runs), and the third was 9402 on the 196. As I type this, there is 9419 on the 196 right now.

Anyone know when more info about the last day will be released? It would be helpful if it happened before Thursday evening, so that those coming from out of town may make arrangements accordingly...

EDIT: So I've tweeted Brad Ross about it just now, hopefully he has further info. Damn Twitter character limits, lol

The five remaining buses (9402, 9411, 9419, 9430 and 9433) were on 95C this morning.

Too bad 9413 hasn't been active.

Anyone know when more info about the last day will be released? It would be helpful if it happened before Thursday evening, so that those coming from out of town may make arrangements accordingly...

EDIT: So I've tweeted Brad Ross about it just now, hopefully he has further info. Damn Twitter character limits, lol

Hey, he answered back. You guys think the media will cover the last day of the 9400s in service? :blink:

I would assume so, being that they are the last of the high floors. They paid no mind to the 7000 or 7200 retirements, but they did do a bit on the GMs, since they were the last non accessible buses.

For those not on Twitter, he said info will be released Wednesday or Thursday. My fingers are crossed for Wed, since that's an earlier notice, so that I may make arrangements accordingly, lol

Too bad 9413 hasn't been active.

Hey, he answered back. You guys think the media will cover the last day of the 9400s in service? :blink:

Not really. It doesn't matter to 99.9999% of the riders. 99% of they would be excited that buses are completely low floor and hope the old streetcars retire faster.