1996 Orion V retirements

Bus_Medic

The remaining vehicles will continue to be inspected/serviced until they are retired. They are usually called in every three weeks or so.

Thanks.

I've consistently seen a 9400 series on the 42 at around 12am at Finch.

I thought the 9400s went back home to Wilson after PM rush on the 42 :blink:

I'm at Finch station almost every day at around 1130pm-1200am and I almost always see a 9400 either going down Yonge or sitting at Finch.

You lucky dude.

Currently Transsee is reporting zero 9400s out :( I can't remember a time when it's been like this during midday. The fewest I've seen is around four.

And did anyone else catch 9424 on 107 as reported by Transsee at around 3:25 pm yesterday? But when I checked again at around 4:30 it was gone.

You lucky dude.

Currently Transsee is reporting zero 9400s out :( I can't remember a time when it's been like this during midday. The fewest I've seen is around four.

And did anyone else catch 9424 on 107 as reported by Transsee at around 3:25 pm yesterday? But when I checked again at around 4:30 it was gone.

Yeah 9424 showed up on Transsee on the 107 run 7 in PM rush. Wasn't out yesterday morning nor today.

Last night I got down to Queen on a VII NG about 8:30 PM and got off to catch a 501 to Long Branch, when lo!! 9445 followed by 9447 are sitting northbound. I rode 9447 all the way to Wilson, where it parked behind 9445 on the east side for a while, then both went out of service.

I had been watching Transsee up at Lawrence and Dufferin for a while before catching the VII NG, and I didn't see any 9400s on 29. So this was a surprise (and a late night) for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I think 9401 has retired. I took the train today from Downsview and when it passed by the Wilson yard I saw it parked there. My photo is blurry, but I think there is a sheet of paper with a stop sign tucked under one of its windshield wipers, like the ones used for the RTS's here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/128848963@N07/20789595292/

8151 and 8386 also have the stop sign sheets on their windshields. My photo of these buses turned out better <_<

Perhaps someone who lives close to Wilson can verify what I saw? I don't know when I can go back to check.

I think 9401 has retired. I took the train today from Downsview and when it passed by the Wilson yard I saw it parked there. My photo is blurry, but I think there is a sheet of paper with a stop sign tucked under one of its windshield wipers, like the ones used for the RTS's here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/128848963@N07/20789595292/

8151 and 8386 also have the stop sign sheets on their windshields. My photo of these buses turned out better <_<

Perhaps someone who lives close to Wilson can verify what I saw? I don't know when I can go back to check.

The sign doesn't necessarily mean it's retired. I've seen them placed on just about any unit. I'm assuming it's for units that require repair of some form.

9401 was in service this morning.

The sign doesn't necessarily mean it's retired. I've seen them placed on just about any unit. I'm assuming it's for units that require repair of some form.

that paper means the bus is on hold for repair. Sometimes the dispatch put a paper on the windshield with a green circle to advice mechanics not to use that bus for changeoff as it is already assigned to a run.

that paper means the bus is on hold for repair. Sometimes the dispatch put a paper on the windshield with a green circle to advice mechanics not to use that bus for changeoff as it is already assigned to a run.

Yes, I know it's possible 9401 is due for repair, but then I thought about the many Arrow hybrids that have arrived at Wilson.

9449 could be retired, it hasn't been seen in service.

9445 too. Anyone know about 9410?