Calgary Transit - Two Tone Blue Fishbowls

BCT-3122-D800-10240

• 3 weeks later...
1046 was running the 741 this afternoon. Saw it heading up Centre Street near 16th Ave with a bunch of other school tripper Fishbowls from Crescent Heights.

I just got home and went to post that I saw it leave Spring Gardens, but I didnt know what route it was on.

• 1 year later...

The 2 Spring Gardens keys of the 93 seem to have been quite the magnet for rare buses, first 7001 a couple of weeks ago, and now 1046!!! My first time seeing it since November 2011, and first time riding it in revenue service.

Thanks to the great driver for allowing me to take these pictures at the end of their shift at 69th Street Station.

1046-1.jpg

1046-2.jpg

1046-32.jpg

1046-33.jpg

1046-4.jpg

1046-3.jpg

1046-5.jpg

So if 1046 is a 93 Coach Hill, isn't he in the wrong spot then ?..given the 93 Westbrook is right behind it

Yes, 93 north should be on the otherside. However maybe it was his last run, when I did it in 7001 I didn't bother pulling around to the other side.

Yes, 93 north should be on the otherside. However maybe it was his last run, when I did it in 7001 I didn't bother pulling around to the other side.

or just posing... :P i didn't about that either.. haha

It was his last run and he didn't want to loop around the station and back out onto 17th Ave to head back to the garage. The bay is also longer and has room for 2 buses, while the 93N bay only has room for 1 (and there was a Northbound 93 there already). Guess it turned out since it makes for a nice shot with the station behind.

The 2 Spring Gardens keys of the 93 seem to have been quite the magnet for rare buses, first 7001 a couple of weeks ago, and now 1046!!! My first time seeing it since November 2011, and first time riding it in revenue service.

Thanks to the great driver for allowing me to take these pictures at the end of their shift at 69th Street Station.

1046-1.jpg

1046-2.jpg

1046-32.jpg

1046-33.jpg

1046-4.jpg

1046-3.jpg

1046-5.jpg

Great Shots of 1046. They look fantastic.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
43 minutes ago, Gsgeek540 said:

TV show Fargo has used in the past.

That's what I heard too but I've watched all of season 1 (set in 2006) and I'm nearly done season 2 (set in 1979) and the only Fishbowl I've seen is this one, which makes several appearances in season 2:

Season 3 is supposed to be set in 2010-2011, I guess it could show up but that seems unlikely.

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

Bumping this thread to let everyone know that a 2021 fantrip with our preserved #1046 is being tentatively planned for the weekend of March 19-21, 2021. Unlike past charters in Calgary, this will be a half day/night charter, most likely beginning at 5 PM local time and ending at 11 PM, allowing for some interesting photo ops.

We've verified with CT that the bus is available for chartering and we have a gameplan in mind for if the pandemic is still a major issue by then. The thing that we will need right now however is some feedback from everyone on whether to plan the charter for the Friday (March 19) or the Saturday (March 20).

This decision is a challenge for a number of reasons, the most prominent reason being that we've been told there are plans to move storage of the bus from Spring Gardens to the Stoney facility which does not operate on weekends. Therefore, (assuming this move happens by then) chartering the bus on the Saturday night would raise the cost of the charter for all attendees as we'd have to cover a $200 flat fee to get it ferried to SG the night before. 

Conversely, chartering it on the Friday night would make us less likely to have a volunteer driver available, plus I would assume there'd be less people available to join us on a Friday night in general, unless I am about to be proven wrong on that by all your guys' feedback.

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts! Route suggestions are welcome too. I'll post a dedicated thread with more info along with a more formal announcement as we get closer to the date.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Nick B said:

Hi all,

Bumping this thread to let everyone know that a 2021 fantrip with our preserved #1046 is being tentatively planned for the weekend of March 19-21, 2021. Unlike past charters in Calgary, this will be a half day/night charter, most likely beginning at 5 PM local time and ending at 11 PM, allowing for some interesting photo ops.

We've verified with CT that the bus is available for chartering and we have a gameplan in mind for if the pandemic is still a major issue by then. The thing that we will need right now however is some feedback from everyone on whether to plan the charter for the Friday (March 19) or the Saturday (March 20).

This decision is a challenge for a number of reasons, the most prominent reason being that we've been told there are plans to move storage of the bus from Spring Gardens to the Stoney facility which does not operate on weekends. Therefore, (assuming this move happens by then) chartering the bus on the Saturday night would raise the cost of the charter for all attendees as we'd have to cover a $200 flat fee to get it ferried to SG the night before. 

Conversely, chartering it on the Friday night would make us less likely to have a volunteer driver available, plus I would assume there'd be less people available to join us on a Friday night in general, unless I am about to be proven wrong on that by all your guys' feedback.

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts! Route suggestions are welcome too. I'll post a dedicated thread with more info along with a more formal announcement as we get closer to the date.

I'd say do it on a Saturday.