Calgary Transit - Two Tone Blue Fishbowls

BCT-3122-D800-10240

How many of the 2 tone blue fishbowls are left?

Well, if you go to my website at this direct link, you will find an allocation list which also shows the Liveries on the Fishbowls: http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta...ry/fishbowl.htm . I believe I may only be out by 2 or 3 units for the accuracy of this list. Enjoy!

Boy, those fishbowls still look great, considering how old they are! Thanks for sharing.

Many have had bodywork done to them in recent years, so whereever they have had body work, they usually have had some frsh paint. This is most common on the front ends of quite a few of these buses.

Here's a picture of my favorite two-tone blue fishbowl: The late 1122 CT_1122_2_.JPG

Here's a picture of the late, (I think), 1018, one of the three ex St. Albert fishbowls: CT_1018.JPG

OOH! Very nice! Have you seen the drawing that I did of #1018? They retired the last of the 3 Ex-St. Albert Fishbowls just before I got hired on to Calgary Transit. I sure wish I could've driven one!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Are there ANY left now? I took some pictures when I was out there at Christmas, but lost them all. I stuck the memory card from my new camera in a reader slot on my sister's computer, then must have really f****d something up royally!

With the recent retirement and scrapping of #1067, this leaves 9 Fishbowls left running that are still in the old two tone blue livery. These are #'s 935, 944, 967, 968 (1978), 1041, 1046, 1070, 1074 (1980), and 1152 (1982). (Previously posted) I will post updates as they happen.

We got the sighting of the day when SMS and I saw some 2 tone blue fishbowl action today in downtown Calgary! First was 944 followed by 967 2 minutes later on 6th ave! We saw a bunch more 2 toners at Spring Gardens garage, which I know I got in photo are 1046 and 1152. These fishbowls are great looking buses and I hope we come across more during are visit.

We got the sighting of the day when SMS and I saw some 2 tone blue fishbowl action today in downtown Calgary! First was 944 followed by 967 2 minutes later on 6th ave! We saw a bunch more 2 toners at Spring Gardens garage, which I know I got in photo are 1046 and 1152. These fishbowls are great looking buses and I hope we come across more during are visit.

Hope you guys are in town in the next couple days, love to take U 4 a ride

Hope you guys are in town in the next couple days, love to take U 4 a ride

Well we are leaving to Edmonton tomorrow late afternoon, so we'll be fanning during AM rush and after that's probably it for Calgary.

Alright some big 2 tone fishbowl action today! The following one's all were out during today's PM rush:

935, 967, 968, 1041, 1070, 1074, 1152

WOW! Where only missing pictures of 1067 in the 2 tone blue if its still alive..... We did see one 2 tone blue fishbowl retired out back though.

Well we are leaving to Edmonton tomorrow late afternoon, so we'll be fanning during AM rush and after that's probably it for Calgary.

Alright some big 2 tone fishbowl action today! The following one's all were out during today's PM rush:

935, 967, 968, 1041, 1070, 1074, 1152

WOW! Where only missing pictures of 1067 in the 2 tone blue if its still alive..... We did see one 2 tone blue fishbowl retired out back though.

#975 is probably still out back retired. It is the only one still on the property from the last of the non-Power steering units that were retired last summer (2007)

#975 is probably still out back retired. It is the only one still on the property from the last of the non-Power steering units that were retired last summer (2007)

Unfortunatly on are visit of Spring Gardens yesterday, we are not allowed to take pictures of those 3 retired fishbowls at the far back.

#975 is in SG getting stripped of its valued parts, poor bus is in bad shape, the rear door glass is all busted up and is getting ready to head to the scrape heep!

• 4 weeks later...