2014(-2017) Standard 40' Bus Procurement

Millennium2002

True that

I was thinking how the order will go like. Since their is a diesel option I was thinking this

Since CNG isn't doing so well in PoCo move CNG out of PoCo for good. Give PTC the D40LFRs and give STC the C40LFRs. For the 2014 order give STC the 45 CNG buses and move all the 98 D40LFs to RTC. For the 2015 order make it all diesel and give RTC the whole order that should clean out the 95/96 D40LFs from RTC. For the 2016 order split the order between RTC and STC give RTC 59 diesel buses and STC 25 CNG buses. The 59 buses that went to RTC should be enough to get rid of the 98 D40LFs.

True that

I was thinking how the order will go like. Since their is a diesel option I was thinking this

Since CNG isn't doing so well in PoCo move CNG out of PoCo for good. Give PTC the D40LFRs and give STC the C40LFRs. For the 2014 order give STC the 45 CNG buses and move all the 98 D40LFs to RTC. For the 2015 order make it all diesel and give RTC the whole order that should clean out the 95/96 D40LFs from RTC. For the 2016 order split the order between RTC and STC give RTC 59 diesel buses and STC 25 CNG buses. The 59 buses that went to RTC should be enough to get rid of the 98 D40LFs.

STC Doesn't have a CNG fueling spot, yes they can still upgrade to it. BUT! That would cost money that TransLink has earmarked for building HTC. Honestly, if TransLink thought it was worth it. They would have upgraded STC complete WITH CNG. But they didn't!

- Bryan "Goggles"

STC Doesn't have a CNG fueling spot, yes they can still upgrade to it. BUT! That would cost money that TransLink has earmarked for building HTC. Honestly, if TransLink thought it was worth it. They would have upgraded STC complete WITH CNG. But they didn't!

- Bryan "Goggles"

I think federal government, provincial government, ForestBC, TranLink will help pay to upgrade STC. Then TransLink will save money for upgrading STC to CNG. I think putting CNG in STC would pay for itself off in ten years because it cheaper and cheaper to operate the buses.

Who says TransLink will pay to upgrade STC. I think federal government, provincial government and ForestBC will help pay to upgrade STC. Then TransLink will save money for upgrading STC to CNG. I think putting CNG in STC would pay itself off in ten years because it cheaper and cheaper to operate the buses.

What's with all the specialized treatment to STC? No seriously, why all the focus on STC? It ain't new, sure it got upgraded. But It ain't new.

- Bryan "Goggles"

Surrey seems to be the perfect place to operate CNG buses; this is the reason that everyone is focus on STC!

Please explain why you think that... RTC is the best option in my mind; not just because of the flat terrain, but because I think that they have more room to install a CNG fuelling station. They need new buses too, and soon.

Please explain why you think that... RTC is the best option in my mind; not just because of the flat terrain, but because I think that they have more room to install a CNG fuelling station.

The mostly flat terrain, it will save money for TransLink, the STC needs the most of new buses. I could see RTC and STC getting CNG buses.

I think federal government, provincial government, ForestBC, TranLink will help pay to upgrade STC. Then TransLink will save money for upgrading STC to CNG. I think putting CNG in STC would pay for itself off in ten years because it cheaper and cheaper to operate the buses.

Do you have any numbers to back up that 10 year claim?

Surrey seems to be the perfect place to operate CNG buses; this is the reason that everyone is focus on STC!

Where's the focus on STC? It got a big upgrade a few years ago, old news.

Well one of the Surrey city council wants CNG buses in Surrey

http://www.thenownew...-buses-1.514728

City councils in the Translink service area don't determine what buses run within their municipal boundaries.

We can all speculate on who might get the new CNGs, but no one really knows this early on. Think about 2011, did anyone think that RTC would end up getting the XDE60 order?

We can all speculate on who might get the new CNGs, but no one really knows this early on. Think about 2011, did anyone think that RTC would end up getting the XDE60 order?

Well yeah, but the only reason for that was because it was decided to outfit the XDE60s with A/C - requiring full-time A/C mechanics, which only RTC has at present.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much NFI is going to win. By the time LFS CNG comes out it would be a rather new thing..

I'd place my bet on BTC getting the new Xcelsiors and getting the Novas pushed to RTC to get rid of them 95/96es. We always get the old crap for 40 feet buses.

STC still has a bunch of '98 D40LFs, along with all the '99 D40LFs and all '06 D40LFRs

Pretty much NFI is going to win. By the time LFS CNG comes out it would be a rather new thing..

I'd place my bet on BTC getting the new Xcelsiors and getting the Novas pushed to RTC to get rid of them 95/96es. We always get the old crap for 40 feet buses.

Personally I'd rather have an "old crap" 1995/1996 D40LF than a NEW crap Nova.