Millennium2002

2014(-2017) Standard 40' Bus Procurement

957 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, AbbyTransitFan said:

There was a Charcoal XN40 at Cullen's as I was driving on Highway 1 today.  Assuming it's a 2017 unit, since all of the 160xx's have already went through Cullen's.

How is that possible? There isn't a new order any time soon, NFI hasn't even released a news release on it? Could it be a BC Transit bus?

20 minutes ago, cleowin said:

How is that possible? There isn't a new order any time soon, NFI hasn't even released a news release on it? Could it be a BC Transit bus?

It wasn't a BCT unit, the scheme was clearly Charcoal for Translink.  Maybe it's just a 2014 or 2016 getting repaired but I'm not sure...

Turns out it was not a 2017 after all.  It's actually 16040 according to a friend of mine who is a forum member but can't access CPTDB right now.  Apparently it was involved in a collision.

2 hours ago, AbbyTransitFan said:

It wasn't a BCT unit, the scheme was clearly Charcoal for Translink.  Maybe it's just a 2014 or 2016 getting repaired but I'm not sure...

And if it was a 2017/2018 unit, this would still be the incorrect thread to talk about it.

12 hours ago, Express691 said:

And if it was a 2017/2018 unit, this would still be the incorrect thread to talk about it.

Sorry, I will put it in the right thread next time ;)

Last week, 16040 was sitting on the BO line at HTC with its right windshield missing with plastic over the area.  This is the one that was damaged during delivery so the repair could need to be repaired.

On 6/10/2017 at 0:08 PM, Brando737 said:

Last week, 16040 was sitting on the BO line at HTC with its right windshield missing with plastic over the area.  This is the one that was damaged during delivery so the repair could need to be repaired.

Except that it was running in service for a while, so whatever happened this time happened after it was delivered. I did see it getting towed out of HTC this past week,