2014(-2017) Standard 40' Bus Procurement

Millennium2002

Id rather have a mix of both. First time i rode a '95 D40LF (R7117) the brakes were so loud

But novas on the other hand are quite numerous, and thus BTC has not much of a variety as far as 40-footers go.

Bit of a newbie question with regards to that.

In my many years of riding buses, especially the 410 which I take daily, why is it that the New Flyers (with the exception of the DE60LFR & trolleys I believe) make that loud exhale of air when they're about to stop? I've heard it's something to do with the air brakes, but is there any particular reason the New Flyers make that sound whereas the Novas don't? I think the suburban Orions also make the sound... Just been wondering for a long time, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to ask :)

Thanks in advance!

Pretty much NFI is going to win. By the time LFS CNG comes out it would be a rather new thing..

I'd place my bet on BTC getting the new Xcelsiors and getting the Novas pushed to RTC to get rid of them 95/96es. We always get the old crap for 40 feet buses.

Still new tech.

Most likely TL is going to do this:

Push the shit Novas to RTC

Give BTC new Xcelsiors.

Alright, make up your mind. Do you like the 95/96s or not? As well, do you like the Novas or not? Cause if memory serves me right, you're the same kid that had a petition going for Novas in Richmond.

- Bryan "Goggles"

It's not CNG being a new technology, but a new tech to Nova. This is their first attempt at a CNG bus. If it goes anything like their first LFS we're in for a treat (of hilarity.)

I'm with you on that one. Guess that means I got to start carrying marshmallows or hot dogs if we get nova CNGs. Oh speaking of flammable items, check out the 106 bay at New Westminster Station and look up. Did one catch fire and nobody noticed?

- Bryan "Goggles"

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, make up your mind. Do you like the 95/96s or not? As well, do you like the Novas or not? Cause if memory serves me right, you're the same kid that had a petition going for Novas in Richmond.

- Bryan "Goggles"

Bryan:

I like the 95/96. I never petitioned for Novas in Richmond..

ilikebuses:

I never favored new buses for BTC, I was just saying what will most likely happen.

Meraki: I meant that.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

ilikebuses:

I never favored new buses for BTC, I was just saying what will most likely happen.

Can't say it will most likely happen now can we? We assumed in the past sure, BTC will get new buses, heck i assumed it myself in the XDE60:

As for garage assignment, its anyone's guess, but my guess is to BTC, then BTC D60LF's go to STC to operate on the King George BLVD B-line or whatever the hell they want to do. This is just an opinion........

BUT, look at it, BTC is pretty full at this point, and with the possibility of some North Shore runs being taken over by BTC, you just can't really jam another bus order into that facility. Again, can't say it will most likely happen with the new order going to Burnaby now can it?

Can't say it will most likely happen now can we? We assumed in the past sure, BTC will get new buses, heck i assumed it myself in the XDE60:

BUT, look at it, BTC is pretty full at this point, and with the possibility of some North Shore runs being taken over by BTC, you just can't really jam another bus order into that facility. Again, can't say it will most likely happen with the new order going to Burnaby now can it?

New bus order in ... old bus out maybe ??

Regards

NotQuite