2014(-2017) Standard 40' Bus Procurement

Millennium2002

I actually found that same piece of information in most media when I looked up this buses.

What do you mean by ticking time bombs? Do you mean the D40LF?

I would like to see the source too.

Well, if T/L is going to do a 2015 CNG bus order they might expand them to here in Surrey or to Richmond.

And I meant Nova CNG buses

Really? All the guys who post useless info questioning my source? If you guys knew where to look or who to know, you would know this.

This section has gone downhill.

Well................................... I looked everywhere on the internet and couldn't find anything, what am I supposed to do ? pray to god tonight for a link to the source in the night sky ? All I asked was the source and that's it.

Well................................... I looked everywhere on the internet and couldn't find anything, what am I supposed to do ? pray to god tonight for a link to the source in the night sky ? All I asked was the source and that's it.

You realize that bus fanning is based on hearsay, right?

If we only followed the news that was confirmed, we wouldn't have much

Besides, the sources that members here get there info from may be much more reliable than the media...

You realize that bus fanning is based on hearsay, right?

If we only followed the news that was confirmed, we wouldn't have much

Besides, the sources that members here get there info from may be much more reliable than the media...

Well you do have a point there, I guess I gotta keep on refreshing the NFI page tomorrow.

I've been hoping and praying the IQ level here would go up, sure hasn't happened eh?

And I'm pretty sure the IQ level was like this when you were my age on this board and well it could go up, just give it some time. Like every board has dumbasses like me but as time goes on dumbasses like me will get smarter, so yea just give it some time.

I've been hoping and praying the IQ level here would go up, sure hasn't happened eh?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well you do have a point there, I guess I gotta keep on refreshing the NFI page tomorrow.

And I'm pretty sure the IQ level was like this when you were my age on this board and well it could go up, just give it some time. Like every board has dumbasses like me but as time goes on dumbasses like me will get smarter, so yea just give it some time.

That's a great point you make, but understand this. Before you assume ages, look at the join date of the members. Then ask yourself who would know more.

That's a great point you make, but understand this. Before you assume ages, look at the join date of the members. Then ask yourself who would know more.

You gotta point as people who have joined here years before I had probably would know more than me. But the joining date doesn't really mean anything as say a really smart transit expert joins this forum for the first time. Would he know less because he was joined yesterday than say a person that was here for several years ?

Now let's stop this off topic conversation and more talking about this new order coming up.

Have they gave the contract to New Flyer? Has TransLink said these buses are for Port Coquitlam?

Most of media about these buses are saying these buses are head to Surrey and Richmond.

There's not a single commercial natural gas pipeline for miles around STC or RTC. I'm sorry, but only place these puppies are going is PCTC.

I don't think the fleet of D60LF's will shrink. The 5 extra natural gas buses compared to the fleet size now are probably for an adequate # of spares. I heard from the start this CNG order was going to Poco. I don't think due to costs that Surrey and Richmond will be outfitted with CNG Fuelling stations. The options to the next order stated an option for diesel which will likely be it. My bet is that order will go to either Richmond or Surrey because they'll air conditioned. Those depos have A/C mechanics thus far.

I don't think the fleet of D60LF's will shrink. The 5 extra natural gas buses compared to the fleet size now are probably for an adequate # of spares. I heard from the start this CNG order was going to Poco. I don't think due to costs that Surrey and Richmond will be outfitted with CNG Fuelling stations. The options to the next order stated an option for diesel which will likely be it. My bet is that order will go to either Richmond or Surrey because they'll air conditioned. Those depos have A/C mechanics thus far.

Mechanics can be trained, especially if all new orders are coming with A/C over the next few years.

New Flyer XN40s P14001-14045 arriving later this year.

Thanks for the info, so Translink will be heading to CNG. Fuel cost is definitely high on diesel these days.

This will also be Cummins ISL G with at least ZF Ecolife. Why? Fuel economy and warranty they go for!

Here's what I think will happen. With the arrival for 45 XN40 in Sept.2014. The Total number of CNG at PTC will be 95 Buses. Currently PTC has 90 40ft Buses. So idea. RTC will get all the 2000,2001 D40LF and STC gets the 1998 D40LF OR 1998 C40LF. With the 1995-1996 D40LF gone in this math I did. I f STC gets the 1998 D40LF back that gives RTC a Total of 91 40FT Buses. If STC gets 1998 C40LF that gives RTC a total 90 40FT Buses. I hope that STC gets the 1998 C40LF.

My opinion of will the POCO D40LF will ended after the XN40 arrive in Port Coquiltam Transit Centre is Richmond Transit Centre will be getting the D40LF and sending the 1998 D40LF with C40LF to Surrey. Surrey or Richmond would get next batch of these buses with CNG to replace the 1998 D40LF and the C40LF.

What I want too see happen, but likely not going to happen. I would want to see the 1998 D40LF all being sent to Vancouver Transit Centre and sending the same number of Nova LFS to Surrey Transit Centre. Surrey or Richmond would get next batch of these buses with CNG to replace the 1998 D40LF and the C40LF.