El Dorado National

Mr.Transit

• 9 months later...

ElDorado has updated their website a bit (FINALLY) with better example photos of their current product offerings:

http://www.eldorado-ca.com/

Sweet!

I love the shorty 29 foot XHF high floor--a 96” wide body and wheelbase as short as 139” for a turning radius under 28 feet. They say its 2 feet tighter than a 25’ light-duty cutaway bus!

There's a photo of a newer Axess demo model on Metro magazine's photo gallery section on their website...it's from the recent APTA Bus and Paratransit Conference held earlier this month...there's other photos from various bus manufacturers.

Thanks, had not seen those photos.

Here is the link:

http://www.metro-magazine.com/photogallery/photos/294170/photos-apta-bus-paratransit-bus-showcase/24447

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just to present a really oddball EZ-Rider II BRT:

Joplin in far southwestern Missouri runs a small 3-route transit system known as the Sunshine Lamp Trolley. While two of the three routes are operated with cutaways, the third (presumably its busiest route) route is the home of this oddity: an ElDorado National EZ-Rider II BRT in a trolley replica package that had only entered service early last month as a replacement of a truck-based trolley replica. I bet this must be the first EZ-Rider of any generation to be built as a trolley replica from scratch (excluding buses in trolley wraps). Comments are welcome as always, and hope you'll like my pictures.

Add Interurban Trolley of Elkhart, Indiana as another operator of the EZ-Rider II BRT trolley replica.

• 3 months later...

I believe it's under re-construction...I went to the REV Group website which owns El Dorado National...then found El Dorado's website...that's the message that was posted on it...it will probably be up and running in several weeks.

That's weird, I just went through REV group and both Eldorado Kansas and California are up. I meant nothing as in no new buses :(

Edit: PDF brochures not working, maybe those are being updated?

PDF brochures are working again, and at first I thought that nothing on the site had changed at all since it went down (PDFs still dated 2014), but then I clicked on the XHF brochure and noticed something very interesting that definitely wasn't there before! Check it out for yourselves! http://www.eldorado-ca.com/product/xhf-2/

I believe El Dorado doesn't put too much capital into new bus model designs... most of their investments seem to be in fuel cell technology...they have several projects ongoing with some US transit agencies, and have an order with Akron,Ohio, for I think seven Axess fuel cell buses...I have tried unsuccessfully several times e-mailing REV Group and El Dorado about what their strategy would be when REV acquired them a year and half ago...I was interested if REV would try to turn El Dorado into a bigger player in the North American transit bus manufacturing industry--ex., if they would bid on larger transit bus contracts or if they would developed a 60ft model or an electric battery one.

PDF brochures are working again, and at first I thought that nothing on the site had changed at all since it went down (PDFs still dated 2014), but then I clicked on the XHF brochure and noticed something very interesting that definitely wasn't there before! Check it out for yourselves! http://www.eldorado-ca.com/product/xhf-2/

Perhaps they're coming out with a BRT styling option :P Interesting, we'll keep an eye on that one.

Is that a facelift I see on that XHF? Never seen one like it!

Just to present a really oddball EZ-Rider II BRT:

Joplin in far southwestern Missouri runs a small 3-route transit system known as the Sunshine Lamp Trolley. While two of the three routes are operated with cutaways, the third (presumably its busiest route) route is the home of this oddity: an ElDorado National EZ-Rider II BRT in a trolley replica package that had only entered service early last month as a replacement of a truck-based trolley replica. I bet this must be the first EZ-Rider of any generation to be built as a trolley replica from scratch (excluding buses in trolley wraps). Comments are welcome as always, and hope you'll like my pictures.

Trolley wraps are enough to make me cringe, but that... :blink: