El Dorado National

Mr.Transit

• 10 months later...

Thanks to CPTDB member Mr.Transit for finding the following info at http://www.alliedsv.com/index.php

Recent ElDorado National - CA Deliveries

Sonoma County Transit recently took delivery of nine 40-foot Axess model buses. These are the first deliveries of a multi-year contract sold through Creative Bus Sales. The new units are fueled by compressed natural gas and feature state-of-the-art electronic equipment such as a Next Bus/Next Stop Integrated Voice Announcement system and Auto- matic Passenger Counter. The buses also include high-back, reclining passenger seats, overhead parcel racks with individual reading lights and on board Wi-Fi for optimal passenger comfort.

In March ElDorado National – California completed the delivery of 15 E-Z Rider II buses to Georgia State University. These units were sold through National Bus Sales. The 35-foot low-floor buses facilitate a shorter dwell time and faster passenger loading and unloading which is essential at a busy university.

First Arrivo Orders

The ElDorado National – California dealers were very excited about the new Arrivo model that was introduced at the Dealer Meeting last fall, and two universities have already placed orders. The University of Southern California (USC) will take delivery of three units in June and North Carolina State University will take delivery of six units in August. USC is expected to order an additional five units in May.

Eldorado National - CA Displays at APTA University Conference

ElDorado National – California displayed a University of Alabama E-Z Rider II at the 2014 APTA Public Transpor- tation and Universities Conference held in Champaign, Illinois. This conference explores the unique transportation needs of university communities and the population they serve. The bus was very well received by the conference attendees. We had the only heavy-duty, low-floor bus on display. The University of Wyoming was so impressed with the bus they have asked us to help them write their next bid specifications!

Source: http://www.alliedsv.com/files/ASV%20News%20rev%206-6-14.pdf

Thanks to CPTDB member Mr.Transit for finding the following info at http://www.alliedsv.com/index.php

Recent ElDorado National - CA Deliveries

Sonoma County Transit recently took delivery of nine 40-foot Axess model buses. These are the first deliveries of a multi-year contract sold through Creative Bus Sales. The new units are fueled by compressed natural gas and feature state-of-the-art electronic equipment such as a Next Bus/Next Stop Integrated Voice Announcement system and Auto- matic Passenger Counter. The buses also include high-back, reclining passenger seats, overhead parcel racks with individual reading lights and on board Wi-Fi for optimal passenger comfort.

In March ElDorado National – California completed the delivery of 15 E-Z Rider II buses to Georgia State University. These units were sold through National Bus Sales. The 35-foot low-floor buses facilitate a shorter dwell time and faster passenger loading and unloading which is essential at a busy university.

First Arrivo Orders

The ElDorado National – California dealers were very excited about the new Arrivo model that was introduced at the Dealer Meeting last fall, and two universities have already placed orders. The University of Southern California (USC) will take delivery of three units in June and North Carolina State University will take delivery of six units in August. USC is expected to order an additional five units in May.

Eldorado National - CA Displays at APTA University Conference

ElDorado National – California displayed a University of Alabama E-Z Rider II at the 2014 APTA Public Transpor- tation and Universities Conference held in Champaign, Illinois. This conference explores the unique transportation needs of university communities and the population they serve. The bus was very well received by the conference attendees. We had the only heavy-duty, low-floor bus on display. The University of Wyoming was so impressed with the bus they have asked us to help them write their next bid specifications!

Source: http://www.alliedsv.com/files/ASV%20News%20rev%206-6-14.pdf

I see the Eldorado Arrivo order is going for the two universities so far. In the future, I wonder if the Public Transit Agencies like NJ Transit (who highly prefers high floor buses) would consider the Arrivo with the end of NABI 416.

I have photos of the ElDorado Arrivo in service for USC. At first, I thought this was just a redesigned Transmark RE/XHF with the new BRT ends incorporated. I think the front end and window designs can use a bit of work.

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

I have photos of the ElDorado Arrivo in service for USC. At first, I thought this was just a redesigned Transmark RE/XHF with the new BRT ends incorporated. I think the front end and window designs can use a bit of work.

Those cutaway style doors give the bus a glaringly cheap look IMHO. Granted as a bus geek I tend to notice things like that, whereas average Joe D. Shmoe in everyday life could probably care less. I wonder how much money that saves on the cost price though using that type of door vs. slide-glide or pop outs.

Those cutaway style doors give the bus a glaringly cheap look IMHO. Granted as a bus geek I tend to notice things like that, whereas average Joe D. Shmoe in everyday life could probably care less. I wonder how much money that saves on the cost price though using that type of door vs. slide-glide or pop outs.

The glide doors do look decent on the EZ-rider. From what I read, the pop out doors are powered be an electric motor, and the slide-glide are air powered. This bus reminds me of the Blue Bird Xcel102. 102" wide, and close to the same lengths.

For this market I don't think the doors are an issue, as someone looking to buy this bus, is probably looking for an affordable alternative to a cutaway. It is a high floor bus on a freightliner chassis, but it should be more durable than a cutaway. I also see this as an alternative to a used transit bus, for a few $'s more you can get a brand new bus with a warranty for your shuttle operation.

Hi! Can someone explain the difference between the XHF and Transmark RE, besides from the fact that the former is a Altoona 12-year bus and available in lengths ranging from 29ft. to 40ft, while the latter is a 10-year bus available only in 29ft. and 32ft. lengths. They (The 29ft. and 32ft. versions of the Transmark RE and XHF) look really similar externally. Thanks!

(photos snipped)

Day-um! George that is one of only 3 Arrivo buses known to be in existence! (Well, OK, I presume there may be a demo unit or two but the point is this is a very rare bus)

Gotta love the guys and girls of cptdb :o:rolleyes:

Now back to Buzz2kb's very good question.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to present a really oddball EZ-Rider II BRT:

Joplin in far southwestern Missouri runs a small 3-route transit system known as the Sunshine Lamp Trolley. While two of the three routes are operated with cutaways, the third (presumably its busiest route) route is the home of this oddity: an ElDorado National EZ-Rider II BRT in a trolley replica package that had only entered service early last month as a replacement of a truck-based trolley replica. I bet this must be the first EZ-Rider of any generation to be built as a trolley replica from scratch (excluding buses in trolley wraps). Comments are welcome as always, and hope you'll like my pictures.

JSLT-Blue-1.JPGJSLT-Blue-2.JPGJSLT-Blue-3.JPGJSLT-Blue-4.JPGJSLT-Blue-5.JPGJSLT-Blue-6.JPG

• Like 2

I vomited just a little when I saw that...

Wonder how much that thing cost? Seems like a lot of custom work! I do like the "cow catcher" though.

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing!

Not to mention, how much does it cost to have a true custom individual windows too!