PCC Guy

You know you're a transitfan when...

Never mind the first bus I ever rode... in June 2005, I went on a school field trip in Bratislava, and while I remember what the place that we went to looked like, I don't remember where in the city it is, or what bus route we took to get there. My memories of 2005 are generally better than this (although what I wouldn't give to find out the specific dates all these events happened on), but I just can't seem to figure this puzzle out. I've utilized Google Streetview to the best of my abilities to try to find the place, but without any success. It drives me insane knowing that I will always be missing something on my transit routes I've ridden list.

When, at the tender age of four years old, you can tell the difference between different series of the same model of bus (in my case, GM New Looks) based on details such as marker lights, headsign colours and exit door design. ^_^

36 minutes ago, 43 Kennedy said:

When you use an old expired TTC transfer as a bookmark.:P

Actually lots of people used transfers for book marks.  ETS has dates on their transfers and I used to laminate them as gift enclosures when I would buy someone a book as a birthday present. (using a transfer with that persons birthday on it.).

• Like 1

On 11/12/2016 at 5:23 PM, 43 Kennedy said:

When you use an old expired TTC transfer as a bookmark.:P

And you would put one on each page of the textbook you've read to. Ex. If you read up to page 275 by Nov 16, you'd have a Nov 16 transfer on that page

...when while you're waiting in the car for someone and you're near a railway crossing with regularly scheduled train service, you are tempted to check your phone to find out when the next train is expected to pass through the crossing. Then, minutes before you expect the train to pass, you leave the car and head over to the railway crossing and arrive just in time to see the crossing lights start blinking, the gates going down, and the train blasting its horn as it passes through!

5 hours ago, buizel10 said:

When you run over to a bus with a cousin, and ditch your other family members to ride one of your favourite buses (E40LFR)

You are so fortunate to have trolleys to ride.

• Like 1

- When you replicate in full detail your TA's buses on ROBLOX (Check out my other post)

- When you geek out when seeing a bus and use the CPTDB or Transsee to find out what bus it is.

- When you enjoy reading other peoples posts on their trips

- When you wish you had a transit bus as a personal vehicle (I'd like a New Flyer)

- When you socialize with the driver about transit related stuff (Like what routes they been on before, how long they worked/drove for their TA, etc)

- When you notice that your run has a different bus

- When you're always on CPTDB 

- When you log the buses you've ridden on

I ran out, when I think of more I'll edit into this post 

-When you try to go back to the old CPTDB on the Wayback Machine, just to read some interesting threads, only to find out that the page could not load due to it not being archived.

-When you always look at posts on here to get more information.

- When you actually look forward to riding a bus home from anywhere.

4 hours ago, buizel10 said:

Yeah, they are quiet and comfortable, etc.

I miss them.  Lived in Van for four years (2012-2015) and rode them as much as I could. My city no longer has them. Decommissioned them in 2009.  It's a lonely, smelly noisy existence without trolleys..

• Like 1

When someone asks you how to get somewhere and you tell them that the street you want is four bus stops beyond a main cross street. "Turn right off of Andrews two bus stops north of Commercial." is what I would tell someone when asking for directions to my abode.

When you'll deliberately take the longest way home, riding all the rare trains and new buses (#I💗XN40s :P) you possibly can, instead of just going home and working on those 3 or so long essays you have to hand in the next day...

Speaking of which, I stop probably stop procrastinating and finish those! :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 4

On 1/11/2017 at 8:24 PM, r142a_7795 said:

When you'll willing to be late to an appointment to catch the newest bus in the fleet...

LOL OK I admit to my everlasting shame that I missed a job interview due to a certain, carefully placed 1975 GM that shall only go by the name "8051" for the sake of discussion. :lol::lol:

• Haha 1

When you read a 130 page volume on your favourite transit vehicle in a language you have a very poor command of (Czech).

On the bright side, I've sharpened my Czech a little, I know even more about the T3 then I did before, and I'll never have any problems reading a book ever again :P

• Like 4