PCC Guy

You know you're a transitfan when...

208 posts in this topic

This thread is to list ways you can identify transit fans from regular passengers. :lol:

You know you're a transit fan when...

-you are willing to suffer through a 9 hour round trip on a coach bus without air conditioning so that you can photograph Tatra streetcars in Bratislava

-related to above - you camp out at a transit stop for 40 minutes so that you can ride the oldest streetcars in the city

-after somebody insults your favorite transit vehicle, you feel like clubbing them

-you wake up at 4 or 5 AM so that you can maximize your amount of time in a far away city (related to first item), or so that you can take advantage of the vehicles out and about for morning rush

- You randomly decide to hop off the bus you're riding because there's something rare on another route.

- At a transit centre you decide on which route to ride based on whichever one has the oldest vehicle.

- You walk 2 blocks, missing the bus that's leaving in 2 minutes, to catch the next bus at the layover point, so as to ensure you can get the seat on the rear bench by the driver side window.

- When planning a vacation, you first research what kind of equipment the local system runs

Where in your local city, you plan to go to a mall or some other place by getting there using the long way to get there.

Where in your local city, you plan to go to a mall or some other place by getting there using the long way to get there.

This a thousand times.

You know you're a transit fan when...

Your favourite places in the city are the busbarns and the busmalls

And when you can identify a bus before you see the number of the unit,

You know you're a transit fan when... Your favourite places in the city are the busbarns and the busmalls And when you can identify a bus before you see the number of the unit,

I can ID the bus by its ads in Burlington. Although sometimes it's difficult seeing as some of them have indentical ads. You basically have to be creative when eyesight isn't a natural strength, which isn't for me.

Here's a stretch:

You're a transitfan when whenever you hear or see numbers, you almost ALWAYS think of the fleet numbers of the buses used in your local system or others nearby. :)

1 person likes this

When you walk past the Neapolitan ice cream in the store freezer section and think 'Neoplan'.

You know your a transitfan when...

You are almost always on CPTDB :P

That's a sign you need to get out more :ph34r:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Oh, I'm out enough, just, I spend alot of time on here...

Maybe I'm addicted to CPTDB...

- When planning a vacation, you first research what kind of equipment the local system runs

To add onto this one

- When your on vacation in another town/city, you enjoy and look forward to the ride to/from an attraction more so than the actual attraction your going to see.

To add onto this one

- When your on vacation in another town/city, you enjoy and look forward to the ride to/from an attraction more so than the actual attraction your going to see.

Your vacation consists of staying at a 'Y' closest to one of the bus garages, and spending all day riding and photographing the buses / trolleys. And, in my case also finding a 50 meter pool and swimming lots !!!

I can ID the bus by its ads in Burlington. Although sometimes it's difficult seeing as some of them have indentical ads. You basically have to be creative when eyesight isn't a natural strength, which isn't for me.

Here's a stretch:

You're a transitfan when whenever you hear or see numbers, you almost ALWAYS think of the fleet numbers of the buses used in your local system or others nearby. :)

Haha, I do this all the time.

That's a sign you need to get out more :ph34r:

What if you are on your phone, out in public when you check the board? :ph34r:

- You randomly decide to hop off the bus you're riding because there's something rare on another route.

- At a transit centre you decide on which route to ride based on whichever one has the oldest vehicle.

- You walk 2 blocks, missing the bus that's leaving in 2 minutes, to catch the next bus at the layover point, so as to ensure you can get the seat on the rear bench by the driver side window.

thats me at 39th and 5th in Brooklyn...

You are going through "bus withdrawal" because you moved from a town that was on the Trans Canada Highway to a town that has minimal coach traffic. I think I've seen more coaches in a single day in the Salmon Arm area then I've seen the almost 3 years I've been in Penticton.

You know you're a transit fan when while everybody else is waiting for the weekend, you are waiting for the weekday.

You know you're a transit fan when everyone but you hates rush hour.

You take the R from Bay Ridge Av to Jay-Metrotech for the A to Broadway Junction for the J to Myrtle Av for the Z to Broadway Junction then the C To Jay-Metrotech for the F to 4 Av-9 St for the R to Prospect

When you know a TA's equipment better than some of the actual staff.

When someone asks you to identify a piece of equipment and you do so without skipping a beat.

When you're the go to dude for transit directions/info.

You frequently post in the "Transit Related Dreams" thread.

You frequently post in the "Transit Related Dreams" thread.

Agreed!!! You know your a transitfan when you frequently dream about buses/ other transit related things...

1 person likes this

-When you prioritize the city's rail transport over the bus transport. Unless the some or the majority of the bus fleet is unique and should be tried at least once.

-When you post your reasons on this thread, because it's likely something you have done.....