CAD buses

5 hours ago, Transit Fan said:

How do the announcements sound when it's off-peak (i.e. no need to actually stop) and stop placement is really close on a particular route?

Do they kinda just play back one after the other?

The announcements are the same 24 hours a day, whether there's anyone on the bus or not. As for close stops, it will announce stops back to back

• 2 months later...

The correct stop names are now displayed on some routes (2, 3, 10) - all nicely formatted, too.

Other routes like the 4/5 still seem to have the issue where incorrect stop names are shown. Though interestingly, they show up correctly on the operator's console.

I wonder when more routes (like the 1!) will be added...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Proper stop names scroll on the 5 now.

6 hours ago, Blake M said:

It appears as though that while the signs work, the announcements do not on route 199

Sure you didn't just get one of the (very many) buses in the fleet where the volume is way too low?

I'm stoked they're adding in all these new announcements, but they truly do need to take a look at the volume issues on the buses. Far too many have the volume set at a level where they simply can't be heard - so what's even the point? And then you have the buses where it's set so loud it sounds like the speakers are about to blow out. Neither is ideal. And I'd love to see the disable function removed, I can't think of when there would ever be a valid use case for that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1604 said:

Proper stop names scroll on the 5 now.

Sure you didn't just get one of the (very many) buses in the fleet where the volume is way too low?

I'm stoked they're adding in all these new announcements, but they truly do need to take a look at the volume issues on the buses. Far too many have the volume set at a level where they simply can't be heard - so what's even the point? And then you have the buses where it's set so loud it sounds like the speakers are about to blow out. Neither is ideal. And I'd love to see the disable function removed, I can't think of when there would ever be a valid use case for that.

I agree, and it looks especially dumb when the speakers on the shuttles are duct taped or have newspaper with a rubber band.

I've been on four different buses at this point on the 199, so either it's a coincidence or the voice doesn't work. I'll keep you updated though

5 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

I wonder if they thought to hook up the Balios sign on 7602 to CAD or did it get left out cause it's a 7600?  Anyone know?

It is on the list of buses for sign updates to be done through CAD so I can safely say it is.

• Thanks 2

Routes 53, 90, and 113 announce all stops now. I've heard from others that the 408 and 425 do too.

Seems like a lot of routes have been added with this most recent update! Great to see routes with complicated stop names (like the 76) being added too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1604 said:

Routes 53, 90, and 113 announce all stops now. I've heard from others that the 408 and 425 do too.

Seems like a lot of routes have been added with this most recent update! Great to see routes with complicated stop names (like the 76) being added too.

The 408 announces weirdly when approaching the time point in C.O.P.   It says "Approaching Canada Olympic at Canada Olympic!"  Will take another listen tomorrow to see if that is exactly what it said as it caught me off guard, but I am pretty sure that is what I heard.

Edited by BCT-3122-D800-10240
Typo as usual!
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1604 said:

Route 425 is SUPPOSED to have them but it thinks it's coming into North Pointe when it's actually going to Sage Hill so no stops are actually announced

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/12/2018 at 11:06 PM, 1604 said:

Far too many buses have the volume set at a level where they simply can't be heard

And then you have the buses where it's set so loud it sounds like the speakers are about to blow out.

I'd love to see the disable function removed, I can't think of when there would ever be a valid use for that.

Sounds like they are aware of these three issues and will be rolling out fixes for each over the coming months.

• Like 1

Should be seeing more buses with announcements running now; the disable function now resumes automatic announcements after one minute instead of permanently leaving them off.

Maybe I've just been getting lucky but most conventional buses I've ridden over the past few days have had the volume set loud enough to hear. :)

• Like 2