Bolt Bus

airwolf

Since Bolt Bus is a Greyhound Lines Inc subsidiary, I figured this was the best place to start a Bolt Bus topic. General discussion, spottings, photos, let's hear about it.

Well let's start with this. Bolt had one of their D4505's in Vancouver yesterday. I wish I had noticed it before heading out to Revelstoke on my run so I could get a photo of it. It was numbered 86344.

I believe the 0860-series of Prevost X3-45s was the set of coaches Bolt used to launch their initial service on the east coast. After a few years of running the tires off them on Boston-NY-Boston round trips (done with one driver, 525 miles per day) they were moved out west to launch this service which is somewhat less intensive than the northeast corridor.

Also note that Bolt used some MCI D4500s from Peter Pan to supplement the coaches bought for the service. Those MCIs were much older than those Prevosts....

I believe the 0860-series of Prevost X3-45s was the set of coaches Bolt used to launch their initial service on the east coast. After a few years of running the tires off them on Boston-NY-Boston round trips (done with one driver, 525 miles per day) they were moved out west to launch this service which is somewhat less intensive than the northeast corridor.

Also note that Bolt used some MCI D4500s from Peter Pan to supplement the coaches bought for the service. Those MCIs were much older than those Prevosts....

Bolt Bus Boston-NYC-DC route uses 50% GHL provided X3-45's and 50% Peter Pan provided D4500's as its a joint venture in that route.

• 1 month later...

So I got to play around on a Bolt yesterday. The company decided that I needed to be trained to drive a Prevost of any kind before they would assign me to one for a trip, despite my having driven Prevosts in my past life at CBL. I got to drive 0867. She was a surprisingly comfortable coach. Lots of power to go down the road. And she can turn sharper than anything I've driven in the Greyhound fleet. I only wish I had thought to snap interior photos when I was done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I find myself at the Seattle WA Horizon Coachlines/Greyhound Maintainance facility right now waiting for the next schedule to Vancouver. I was surprised to find another Bolt MCI D4505 in the ready line. She carries the number 0888. I'm told there are three more coming. I'm also told she has a Cummins in the back, and I can confirm an Allison World B500R tranny. I'll post a couple of photos when I get to Vancouver.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...