Cambridge aBRT

KCGR

Construction was supposed to start 2 weeks ago but no sign of anything along 24 yet.

Probably because the Region is responsible for aBRT.

They have an excellent track record of never getting anything done on time.

Probably because the Region is responsible for aBRT.

They have an excellent track record of never getting anything done on time.

The Region awarded the tender two and a half weeks ago. At this point specifics of staging and scheduling of the work is up to Steed & Evans, as long as they get it done on time.

On the topic of aBRT, I noticed that the Cambridge Centre stop is not part of the contract.

Any ideas? :unsure:

I believe there are general plans (at least) to rebuild the Cambridge Centre terminal. In the meantime, seems like aBRT will be using the terminal as is? I'm honestly not sure whether the plans were for a stop on Hespeler Road instead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ainslie is actually classified as a light blue. As for the aBRT as far as I know it will be stopping on Hespelar @ Dunbar till the new terminal is built, or it may even be installed there before the new one is built. I haven't actually seen where the sign is in this area.

Construction seems to have resumed; I saw crews yesterday at Pinebush/24. There's a huge pit on the West side of 24 with a big strange-looking concrete foundation nearly complete!

Exciting to see these stops erected - this is the first time we'll get a preview of what the eventual LRT stops will look/feel like.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else find it odd that there is so little information on Cambridge's aBRT? There is so much attention to Kitchener-Waterloo's LRT, which there should be in order to inform the public, but very little on Cambridge's aBRT. I would be intersted to see a list of stations, station design, and bus design, as well as a start date (which was originally winter 2015 but no longer is).

You can see the stations for aBRT on the same map as the LRT. They're Sportsworld, Eagle, Cambridge Centre, Can-Amera, Delta, and the Ainslie Street Terminal.

There were consultations about the aBRT stop designs - see the materials here.

The latest start date is "early 2015".

The information is mostly there, but there's a lot less public and media interest in it relative to the LRT.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...