C2045

Pacific Jet Link Coach Lines

PJL 8006 beside West Coast Sightseeing 263 in whistler a few days back while i was doing Rocky Mountaineer luggage run: 9003539068_2c3e0ef523.jpg

Untitled by Translink fan, on Flickr

They currently share yard space with Traxx at the Richmond lot.

PJL 8006 beside West Coast Sightseeing 263 in whistler a few days back while i was doing Rocky Mountaineer luggage run:

They currently share yard space with Traxx at the Richmond lot.

Yes, they most certainly do and the links below will show you the shots of PJL units at the Richmond lot (before they were decaled with PJL logo):

8591552324_708a7d57f1_q.jpg8591553490_1dda9199e6_q.jpg8591549614_9b0a77e2b0_q.jpg

These Setras are the first I've heard of PJLCL having large coaches. I remember a Krystal Coach extra-length cutaway, think it was a 29-passenger unit. But it didn't have any markings aside from the legal decals, and if it weren't for the fact that the bus worked for my company when I was coordinating a large-scale move several years ago I would have no idea this company even existed.

i had thought they had up to 10 Setra's all from Tai Pan Tours? I swear when i was last at the yard i saw the whole fleet there. We can update it as the season comes back in the next month and hopefully get the rest.

So I just went on Canadian Grand Holidays website and I noticed that they are now trying to make more money out of their tours by offering a new type of service upgrade on their longer bus tours - $60/person premium upgrade to reserve seating in the first 3 rows of the bus!

What do you all think about this?

I hope the other tour companies don't follow suit as this is not right.

Whatever people are willing to do and makes money... it's like the "upgraded" seats on WestJet.

Grand Holidays dominated the Salmon Run 1 Day Tour by having three full bus loads of tourists. They used their Pacific Jet-Link Coach units #8002, #8003, and #8005. The one I rode on was #8002.

15590345462_8056dbaaa7_q.jpg 15586838921_6031108494_q.jpg15403512897_bde89c03e7_q.jpg14968720184_13143f5eb0_q.jpg15403846560_4b7866d567_q.jpg

The curtains were added on later by Grand Holidays after acquiring the units from Tai Pan Tours (this seems to be a recurring theme on the vehicles they own in their fleet).

Their site www.pjlcoach.com is finally online and functional. It looks like they even have their own service bays in the same yard as Traxx according to the images posted online.

2 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

yes

Thanks for the info! A couple more questions then, first - did Tai Pan just recently sell these then (meaning they were still using them up until very recently)? Secondly, are these 2 units newer than those 10 2008 units or no?

the pacific jet link acquired them a long time ago. In face the same time it acquired the first one.  No, they are all 2008 models.  AZ found them troublesome that's why they were sold before their some of their first generation h3-45

I heard 4 of their coaches broke down during Christmas time last year and I saw one of them myself in the US somewhere. But if they got those 2 units the same time, then why are they considered new additions? Were they not using them before?