Nova CNG demonstrators

I heard too that 8204 does have power issues causing problems with acceleration, however not sure if it is just 8204 or not as 8203 is not in service, if it has I haven't heard about it and I haven't seen it on the fence with the other three CNG at night.

Operations control confirms there have been ongoing problems since 8204 was put into service wednesday. Operator was told to book bus at completion of run. However, it was parked on dispatch fence after returning from being fueled around 2030. It did book on for an extended road test at 2145. Back on dispatch fence at end of night.

Did you happen to ask about 8203? It was on the dispatch fence Tuesday night right next to 8204 but has since gone AWOL.

I didnt ask about 8203. Ill ask sunday night when i go up to the control room but doubtful they'd know.

I found out that 8203 was sent to Cummins for repair before it even entered service.

Yep! You got that right! Also, I saw it at Cummins last night parked outside at their shop. But the night before, I could not see it anywhere outside and the doors of the building were shut so I could not tell if it was inside or not, but more than likely it was inside and it is probably now outside waiting to be driven back to SG.

Saw 8204 turning onto Barlow Trail NE just north of 32nd Ave last night. Pretty barren of graphics and was amazed at the body roll through the turn. With these buses carrying what I would presume to be really heavy tanks up top, they're likely top heavy. How does the suspension on these prevent the bus from rolling over in a corner?

Jon

One of these CNG Novas is on the 3 this afternoon. Saw it SB Centre Street @ 4th Avenue around 3:10 this afternoon. Couldn't catch the fleet number or key since I was a block away on 1st Street.

Both novas are on 3s today. 8204 is on 3-105 and 8203 is on 3-107. This will be regular keys for any of the 4 CNGs this signup along with 72-104 and 73-106

It Appears as all CNG buses were on 3 today. Spotted 8201 and 8203 on Centre Street and 5th Avenue in a matter of 20 minutes.

You mention all CNGs but only 2 bus spottings. Where and when were the other 2, 8202 and 8204, spotted?

I'm guessing that each weekday there are two CNG's on the 3 (any combination), with another on the 72, and another on the 73? Also, would anyone be able to know when 3-105 and 3-107 arrive at Heritage, and 72-104 and 73-106 arrive at Chinook? I have gone to Chinook three times at the times that I thought 73-106 was scheduled to arrive, but no sign of anything.

\

I'm guessing that each weekday there are two CNG's on the 3 (any combination), with another on the 72, and another on the 73? Also, would anyone be able to know when 3-105 and 3-107 arrive at Heritage, and 72-104 and 73-106 arrive at Chinook? I have gone to Chinook three times at the times that I thought 73-106 was scheduled to arrive, but no sign of anything.

Why Guess? Its confirmed.... http://www.cptdb.ca/...ndpost&p=607536.

These keys under regular circumstances will run a CNG, whether its nova or flyer everyday.

When i get back to spring thursday, i'll track down the running board and get some times your way for 105 and 107.

It Appears as all CNG buses were on 3 today. Spotted 8201 and 8203 on Centre Street and 5th Avenue in a matter of 20 minutes.

Actually, 8204 was on the 72. It was on Key 103 instead of 104 that was mentioned by Gsgeek540 earlier as the normal CNG key.

2 Pictures from 37th Street this afternoon. Saw it down the road while I was driving and stopped my car on the side of the road to get these pictures.

8204-1.jpg

8204-2.jpg

Word of advice, sometimes the key number isn't always accurate. I know from experience that I have hit the wrong number and driven around with it like that.

Also 8204 is still having issues with its power, while 8203 is running fine.