Wilson's Transportation

canuck600

Since this company has grown quite a bit I think it deserves its own thread. Can the posts about Wilson's in General Motorcoach be moved here to consolidate things and help tidy up motorcoach? Does anybody have photographic proof that the 3 Setra's listed in the wiki actually exist, Personally I have my doubts as they have not been "spotted" or photographed. I've also asked contacts on the island about them and they have never seen them either.

Hopefully not beating a dead horse on this but I just received a email from a friend regarding my latest inquiry about Setra's at Wilson's. My friend phoned a driver contact at Wilson's and the driver said to the best of his knowledge there are no Setra's in the fleet. The only thing I can think of is maybe Campbell River mine contract but at this point I'm saying they don't exist until photo's and or VIN's show up.

Yes, that is interesting about the Setra's and I would have to agree for now until something else comes up about these possible Setra coaches in the fleet.

And to add to this, I have added 23 photos to my Wilson's Photo Gallery on my website with many photos of recent additions to their fleet at this direct link: http://www.busdrawings.com/coach/bc/wilsons/index.htm . Also, I suspect #4947 has been retired as my recent photo of 4947 ( http://www.busdrawings.com/coach/bc/wilsons/mc9/230912-9743wilsons947.jpg ) show it with decals removed when comparing to my older photos of that coach. Can anyone confirm if this one is still part of the active fleet? Thanks.

If Wilson's did pick up Setras for the mine contract, having driven that contract myself, I must say they would be sentenced to death working that route. Driving into THAT mine has been one of the roughest roads I've ever driven. I'd give a year, two years at most before a Setra fell apart driving that mine contract.

If Wilson's did pick up Setras for the mine contract, having driven that contract myself, I must say they would be sentenced to death working that route. Driving into THAT mine has been one of the roughest roads I've ever driven. I'd give a year, two years at most before a Setra fell apart driving that mine contract.

Have you ever driven a Setra?

Are you a licenced mechanic or mechanical engineer?

My contact on the island emailed me again this evening, after talking to several more Wilson's drivers he definitely states there are NO Setra's in the fleet. He also stated that the Wilson's fleet has 98 vehicles in it at this time but didn't give me a breakdown as to how many are coaches, school buses, mini buses etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I know Wilson's has a bunch of MCI 9's ex Gray LIne of Alaska...or they did...

Actually I think Wilsons has the largest fleet of MCI 9's still in active service...PCL used to...and i know they still have quite a few!

• 2 weeks later...

More questions about Wilson's 8040, apparently it has bilingual destination programmed into it, anybody have any idea where it might have been between its time in Georgia and its arrival at Wilson's Could it have been one of the Olympic units?

My Victoria contact just emailed me the vin for #8040 5FYC2LL171UO22987

Interesting how CBLBC sold off such a new Prevost unit... does anyone know why?

CBL's 4 2006 and 4 2007 H345s have been for sale/sold/resold over the last 3 years as their engine technology (pre-regen) artificially increased their resale value. Some were sold pending financing but financing fell though and thus never left CBL to whoever had placed the deposit.

CBL sold 927 and 928 to Wilson's and they were supposed to be painted by Wilson's before entering service.

They're leased units there's more for sale on ABC Bus Company website.

I'm not sure how Wilson's has financed the purchase.

I looked at the ABC sales site and the 4 2006 & 2007 CBL coaches still on the CBL Roster are listed as "Brokered" and location of "Minnesota". Hmmm.

• 2 months later...